Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » New station for "The Ultimate Computer" (Page 10)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: New station for "The Ultimate Computer"
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1968? That's correct. I was in the third grade. My mom wrote a note so I could skip school and work on the series.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We must now come up with a ritual to honor our new Saint of Nerdium.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah. You know how inaccurate IMDb can be sometimes. [Big Grin]

Seriously, that's pretty cool!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
We must now come up with a ritual to honor our new Saint of Nerdium.

I know, small-denomination currency in plain envelopes mailed to me!

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheheh - now we can play 6 degrees of separation using Masako's name! [Smile]
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
You, sir, have become the ultimate proof that a truly creative fan can get people to pay attention to original, interesting ideas...

I'd like to remind everyone that Mike Okuda was a Trek fan who sent some unsolicited artwork in suggesting new bridge displays that fit the screens, and ended up being hired to do scenic art work for Star Trek IV -- and then Gene asked him to stay on for TNG. [Smile]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I doubt Mike Okuda would be available to the common nerd around herefor conversation, and perhaps autographs, like Masao is.
*Seals envolope containing a varied amount of Loonies and Toonies*

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He posts over on Trek BBS, and used to post on the rec.arts.startrek.tech newsgroup. But I agree, he wasn't "one of us". Maybe if the Internet had existed in such capacity back around 1980... *heh*

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they showed "Is There in no Truth No Beauty?" last night and there was a new ship to pick up Dr. Pulaski and her sentient lunch box [Cool] It had a roundish primary hull.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/03/22/is-there-in-truth-no-beauty-screenshots/

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, that's a nifty looking little rig.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kinda looks like if they patterned a shuttle or runabout after a Daedalus-class profile.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to know what those rods sticking out the back do.
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I wonder what the blue lights are.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well if it's a passenger transport then I'd say the blue lights are an arboretum or other similar open area for the passengers to enjoy. As for the rods, I suppose they could be impulse engines since I can't see where else they'd be. Either that or some kind of docking attachment...or it's just the 3D artist being whimsical.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like it... it looks silly.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps