Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Aegian and Iwo Jima class (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Aegian and Iwo Jima class
iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know where i can find info about these two classes of ships from Armada 2? thanks in advance.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait some days and you'll get a complete analysis of the ships, wait another couple of days and you may even get some good schematics, but if you can't wait, try www.armadauniverse.com . They have a ships section with some information. The best source I know. But if you have any specific questions, I may be able to answer them. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks I was hoping for accurate technical specifications and the like, I was hoping Mad Doc released something with this info and it was on a site somewhere, but no such luck. So i then was looking for a clear side on picture so i could try and determine things like size and decks etc.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there has ever been something like that. And trying to extrapolate the sizes of the ships in-game is difficult; not that it wouldn't work, but all the ships are horribly off-scale. The sad thing is you can actually resize all the ships and stations quite exactly. Just a matter of simple modding. I could do it within an hour.

--------------------

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

If its not too much trouble that would be greatly appreciated. If not then if you could just get me a screenshot from the side. Thanks, dude.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

OK, this is it. You have no idea how difficult it can be to place them in a row. [Smile]

Two shots, first a closer shot with names, second a shot from the top angle. This is as 90�ish as you can get, a real 90� angle isn't possible. But I think the field grid should be a great help.

Picture 1
Picture 2

--------------------

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

Thats great, thank you. I greatly appreciate the trouble you went to for that.

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick five views:

Aegian
Iwo Jima

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, using the New Orleans instead of the Aegian would have been too easy.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

While I think the Iwo Jima could be scaled nearly right judging by the windows, the larger-than-Akira Aegian is heavily off-scale. It seems to be a 150+ meters ship, not 450+ meters. And can anyone tell me how the flat Iwo Jima can carry more than 600 troops? I'd expect something like a cargo ship, round and big. [Smile] This thing is just butt-ugly. *disconnects from the internet and starts drawing the schematic* [Wink]

--------------------

NeghVar
Member # 62

- posted      Profile for NeghVar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say that the Iwo Jima looks like it had Vulcan influence in its design. Just my humble opinion...

Later!
Art

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really dig the Aegian, though. Yah...the engineering hull is a bit long... but if we shortened that up a bit, I think we'd have a solid design.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like ships
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C
Good to know.

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

quote:
Originally posted by C a p t a i n M i k e:
I like ships

I guess it's the summer heat.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps