Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Aegian and Iwo Jima class (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Aegian and Iwo Jima class
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is im dying.. BTW, Magnus, speaking of me liking ships, we should talk about making a non-canon ship directory like we discussed a long PM ago.. i'll be back in school chained to a machine with Photoshop on it soon so we can probably do something interesting (and maybe get it off the ground faster than UP3!)

anyone else like non-canon ships (from comics and novels, like?)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ew.
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Part of the Games-shiplist. If you have other game-only class schematics to contribute, feel free to tell me. [Smile] (I'll also do the Achilles and Iwo Jima and others, but as you can see they will not as hi-res as usually. That would take far too much time if you concider the amount of classes.)

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

What an ugly bastard.

I'm not sure yet, but I think I'll release the rest of them when the list is done. [Smile]

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*gently scoops jaw off of floor*

Dude... that Aegian schematic kills.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. That schmatic of the Aegian is top-class. I work it out as having around 8 decks. What do you think? Also what registry area do you think its from? I'd say the mid 60,000's.

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Looking at the saucer - the pattern looks Sovereign-ish (the dark areas where the impulse engines are located, the elevation). And the deflector-area looks like Nova. Since the Nova and Sovereign share the same design outlines, I'd say this is an early 70k-ship, something post-Galaxy-style.

The Troop Transport looks like 30k-40k, somehow I think this could be related to the Surak class (the one from the Encyclopedia, not the shuttle. [Wink] )

--------------------

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah i see what you mean. I was thinking the nacelles and the colours look like its that area. But now i agree with you. What about the decks though? also is there any chance you could do a schematic minus the nacelles? Also the windows on the iwo jima are really fudged up. Just compare the saucer to the nacelle pylons.

--------------------

iam2xtreme
Member # 836

Damn. The edit post time has elapsed. I have been experimenting with Alexs schematic and have worked out that the aegian class actually has 9 decks.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Yes, I think something between 7 and 9 decks. And I think the Iwo Jima's larger pylon and body windows could actually be cargo bay doors of some sort. The model itself is totally fucked up; the extremely flat saucer (I enlarged it, it was even flatter than this) has more than 10 decks alltogether - 5 above, 5 below the rim and it has no bridge module. Don't know how's responsible for this, but I hope it's the only vessel he ever did. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

-

Don't ask me what's 'behind' the nacelle, I checked the model again and obviously the pylon connects to the neck in that area, in other words: there is nothing bot the pylon base.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BWAAAHAHAHA...

*points at the little workbee towing the nacelle*

Oh, and from the six view posted on the first page, it looks as though the pylons actually dip below the nacelles a bit then bend back up and plug into the spine that runs along the secondary hull.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Amasov Prime
Member # 742

Here are some more views of the ship. Damn Armada 2 SOD viewer, if I ever figure out how to change teamcolor and increase resolution of that crappy thing, I'll let you know. [Mad]

The ship with the green color is the original A2 Activision model with hi-res texture. The other one is the same model, exported to A1 SOD-format, with cleaned up texture. I found it on my HD, part of my then-A1-mod (I'm doing an A2-thing now, but the old files are still there.). Sorry that I can't give credits for the unknown exporter.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/742/ae1.jpg
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/742/ae2.jpg
http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/742/ae3.jpg

--------------------

Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
OK, this is it. You have no idea how difficult it can be to place them in a row. [Smile]

Two shots, first a closer shot with names, second a shot from the top angle. This is as 90�ish as you can get, a real 90� angle isn't possible. But I think the field grid should be a great help.

Picture 1
Picture 2

why did Activision make the GCS's saucer so much larger than the Nebula's? i really like the look of the Aegian. killer schematic, Cpt. Kyle Amasov! give us a 5 view schematic, please!
IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps