Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Anyone up for StarCraft? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Anyone up for StarCraft?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking for people against whom I can play multiplayer StarCraft on battle.net between the hours of 2200 and 0000, Eastern. Any takers?

------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. I've taken a sabbatical on Realtime Strategy games. If anyone here plays Counterstrike, though...

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Replace 'Starcraft' with 'Total Annihilation' and I might take you up on that offer.

------------------
"Cry havoc and let's slip the dogs of Evil"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be at work, or I'd take you up on it.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ME!!!!

And I'll be sure to crush your skull like a puny tin can.

My present record: 57 Wins, 53 Losses. Most of the time I lose when I have partners that can't tell the difference between a Probe and a Pylon. At other times, well, it is a long drawn out game lost through attrition. That, I don't mind.

------------------
"In a completely unrelated news story, I have a date tomorrow night."
- Omega, in trying to explain why pigs are now flying, why Microsoft products are now working perfectly, hell freezing over, and George W Bush giving a flawless speech. 04/06/01, 12:17AM

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited April 28, 2001).]

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, you're an old timer, if you were to play The Moon Project, I'd take you up on that, but Starcraft has gotten so old, I don't know where to get it anymore.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get the Starcraft Battlechest which has the original Starcraft, and the Brood War Addon.

I'm available usually on Saturdays, from 9:30am to 5:30pm and Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 7:00pm-10:00pm.

And you must have the Brood War Add On. I don't like to play Original Starcraft.

------------------
- Omega, in trying to explain why pigs are now flying, why Microsoft products are now working perfectly, hell freezing over, and George W Bush giving a flawless speech. 04/06/01, 12:17AM

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only person here who's never played Starcraft, nor know anyone (in a 3d sort of way), who has?

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm interested, but the time is not good. 2200 - 0000 = 10:00PM - 12:00AM?

I have work in the mornings so I couldn't do it at that time.

BTW, what's the latest patch? 1.07?

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're on, Tahna. Monday night, 10:00 EDT. THEN, and only then, will you crush my skull like a puny tin can!

And I'VE never lost a game. So there!

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

[This message has been edited by Omega (edited April 28, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had never lost a game of Starcraft.

Of course, that was before I'd even PLAYED a game ...
and weren't you remarking that you'd only ever played the computer?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Not this monday actually, to be truthful, I won't have access to the lab (thats where I play) for the entire week. My compy is acting funny so I can't play at home. I'm not being chicken. I am confident of my experience. I have crushed skulls of many human players, and I have had my skull crushed by many different players. I speak from experience. The battle hardened nerves of experience.

Next Monday. And I WILL crush your skull like a puny tin can.

Familiarize yourself with the webmap "Big Game Hunters". Good map with lots of resources. So that we concentrate at the battle at hand. It's in your Webmaps folder in the Broodwar directory.

Anyone else want to join in? If we have 6, then we can create a private 3vs3 team game. Or 2vs2 team if we have 4. Team games are fun. FFA's are good for 3 players or less.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited April 28, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Hmmmmmm ... next Monday ... I might be available.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I've said, I'm in. However I work Mon-Fri 8:30AM-4:00PM/EST. So anytime in the early evening or weekend works for me.

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Omega
Member # 91

I can only play late evenings. And next Monday might be bad for me. I have a band concert that day, and I have no idea when I'll be home. Let's set it up for 2330 EDT, and I'll tell you if it changes.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps