Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Anyone up for StarCraft? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Anyone up for StarCraft?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I somehow get the feeling I'm going to find myself blown into tiny little bloody scraps over the landscape.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffK: You can connect on a regular computer with at 28.8 Modem. The thing you have to look at is the quality of the modem, and the quality of your host.

If you're playing off the University network, it may be a good idea as it is usually better than most of the ISPs here.

------------------
"In a completely unrelated news story, I have a date tomorrow night."
- Omega, in trying to explain why pigs are now flying, why Microsoft products are now working perfectly, hell freezing over, and George W Bush giving a flawless speech. 04/06/01, 12:17AM

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I was playing off Towson's network, instead, I'll be playing off whichever network connects to The Colony ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whomever I team up with, Omega, I'd like to have a practice game first. It's been a while since I've really played a game. Plus it's a good oppertunity to learn how your teammate plays and try to work out some sort of stragedy.

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Good idea, Hobbes.

Tahna -- do you want to e-mail me and set up a time when we can go head to head to work out strategy, et. al before the big game?

[email protected] or [email protected]

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the ninth. I originally typed the eighth, and then thought, "Well, that's not right..." Guess I changed it in the wrong direction.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, I'll e-mail you later. Like I said, I won't have access until Monday.

BTW: Anyone else is invited to attend. A 3 vs 3 game would be prefered. You MUST HAVE the Starcraft Brood War Addon so we can play with the much better units of the game.

------------------
- Omega, in trying to explain why pigs are now flying, why Microsoft products are now working perfectly, hell freezing over, and George W Bush giving a flawless speech. 04/06/01, 12:17AM

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited May 01, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I really should go back and edit some of those custom maps I've been working on. Maybe later.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Uh, no, have some practice on the map "Big Game Hunters". It's on the Webmaps Folder in your Broodwar Directory of Starcraft.

Its the best map that's suitable for this situation. Lots of Minerals and gas, but not too much. Plenty enough to mount an invasion force.

------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My email is [email protected] or Hobbes47A on AIM.

------------------
"Let me ask you something, Mr. Garibaldi, a purely philosophical question. On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid do you think I am anyway?" - Bester
Federation Starship Datalink: Brand new look, fresh minty scent, same great taste!

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited May 01, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, I meant for a later game, Tahna

Does everyone here have AIM? For some reason, ICQ & my PC don't care for each other ... ::shrug::

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, ICQ's bad enough. There's always the Flare chatroom.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chat room? Where?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

http://solareclipse.net/Chat/

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

When is a good time for everyone to get together in the chat room and talk about when/where/etc. for this StarCraft game?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
<i>Card-Carrying Member of the Flare</i> APAO

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps