Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Aug 9th, 1978 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Aug 9th, 1978
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
birthdays are the best. i got a car for my last birthday.... well... it was a toy car that had a car alarm. I wish it was real.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to buy a Toyota Celica GTS for my 25th birthday. Six speed manual transmission.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GTS? Go for the All-Trac, you get 4WD and Turbo...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an All-Trac Celica?

No, I've got 4WD with my Jeep. I want something fast and air-conditioned.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish i had lots of money. i'd but a Ferrari F50. and load it up with the best stereo. maybe it'll be Black. or silver.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, 20-somethings talking about fictional starships on the internet is much cooler that 20-somethings talking about penis-substitute cars on the internet.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not substitutes. Extensions

While we're at it: I just got my license! Whoohoo, and all that. All pedestrians within 200 miles to Red Alert status!

Now, all I have to do is land myself an at least half-decent hotrod, which is no small task...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Congrats.

Liam, I think you're just jealous of people with more disposable income

Actually, what that amounts to for me is more financial control. Need to pay off the credit cards, and be consistent in deposits to my savings account. I drew up some rough figures, and I can have three of my cards paid off by this time next year and still have $1800 in the bank. Since I'll be down to one credit card next August or September, I can boost the amount of $$$ to my savings' account and have a rather nice down payment saved up for my 25th birthday: which will, also, completely and entirely coincidental, coincide with the traditional drop in insurance that comes with the marking of a quarter-century spent alive.

And since my record is very clean insurance wise, I'll get a big cut (as it is, I pay $150 for my Jeep, with no reported claims on it).

And then comes spectra blue mica, 6-speed, 180 horsepower at $320 a month for 72 months (assuming I put a $7k downpayment on it).

Speaking of which, I've just learned your friend and mine, Fabrux, has just placed a down-payment on an '88 Ford Ranger. Congrats! Try not to wreck this one, okay?

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'll, uh, try not to wreck it. I've become a more careful driver after the accident.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I would certainly hope so. Then again, most drivers I know (even young ones) know not to accelerate in bad weather on a tight curve.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I can make Dean's List for the first two years of college, my mom'll get me new Corvette - which coincidentally will be just about the time their releasing the 2003 50th Anniversary Vette.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

A Corvette? Are you insane? The poor weather handling sucks, there's zero visiblity ...

Bad choice on cars, dude. If you get one, at least get a stick shift.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy belated birthday, dude! Hope you had a blast.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! It wasn't bad weather. It was a clear, sunny day. And I didn't accelerate. I was going that fast on the road.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

That's even worse.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.