Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Aug 9th, 1978 (Page 7)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Aug 9th, 1978
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he could think of it as "One Year Closer To The Grave"...

Then he'd be overjoyed.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday all the same, M. Snay.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to have to say this again, aren't I? Please don't start threads saying "It's my birthday, la la la". While we are all delighted, if everyone does it it will quickly get more boring than Tim giving out sexy tips on sex.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But ... I only do it once a year.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And if all 357 members just did it once a year?

Actually, that would make a lot of people happy, but I digress. Or not.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, technically he's only started one thread.... he just keeps resurrecting it, so really he's only made one birthday thread.

Happy birthday, Snay!

Now, if everyone will excuse us, I have a spanking to give..... [Wink]

~LOA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck birthdays.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Agreed.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Flare is still around five years from now, and this thread hasn't been lost in the mist of time by then, we will all happily celebrate your renewal. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff always struck me as a runner...

although it personally amazes me how many people choose to do so, and completely fuck their chances of going to Carousel...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I seem to have this annoying habit of resurrecting this thread every year on August 9th (and while it isn't August 9th right now everywhere in the world, is it is now after 12:01 am Monday morning, so it is here) because I have an insane wish for people to say �Wow, Jeff, happy birthday� while really thinking �Wow, Jeff, you crazy fucking ass, haven�t you killed yourself yet?� Yes, Liam, I stole your thunder. Sorry.

So, in keeping with the suggestion that I �might as well make this thread a kind of yearly status report on all aspects of your life�, well, here goes.

I can�t believe I started this thread three years ago. Wow. 23 to 26 (or as I like to say, �I�m turning 21 ... for the 5th time�). It is kind of crazy how some things have turned out - I did buy a Toyota Celica, but not a GTS, and not on my 25th birthday (about a month earlier, actually).

I�m still in debt. Bought a new computer, actually. But the balances are dropping. I�ve paid off a few cards, and I have another one about to bite the dust in September, and hopefully two more by January. I�m also saving for a trip to Hawaii early next year - my sister recently moved to Oahu after being offered a job as a middle school teacher. In case you don�t understand this, this means all I have to do is pay for a plane ticket and I get to crash on her couch in her apartment RIGHT ON THE BEACH for a week. Of course, this is the opposite side of the island of Honolulu, and is apparently rather arid and has cacti and lots of homeless people who live in tents and own cars. Odd, but ... hey, it�s Hawaii!

A few of you might remember a few weeks ago when UM and I got into a bit of a snit-fest. Well, over some PM he reminded me that I once had the ambition to write, and hoped that I hadn�t given up on that. Well I suppose I sort of had. Well no more! I quit my job at Papa John�s (and let�s face it, I was doing that because I can�t find a �real� job and now that I need time to focus my energy on this thing, I�ll stick with the tipping job). I�m working on launching a blog ... not one of those www.buildablogforfree.com thingies. Nah. Going to have (read: pay) someone build me a rather nice blog, register a domain name ... I�m thinking a mix of politics, social commentary, personal stuff about me (and how best to kill deer), fiction, reviews, stuff like that. I�ll print up a bunch of bumper-stickers and send �em to people like Liam, Liz, Charles, Omega, Daryus and Lee (and so on and so forth), and others to illegally distribute them on people�s cars without their knowledge for free publicity. It�ll be a guerilla campaign of sorts.

In the meantime, I�m still playing a lot of Counter-Strike. I�ll frag you, biatch! This new computer is nice, too, since it cuts down my lag and I actually have nights where my kill column is larger than my died column. Woohoo!

Well, herein ends another Snay update. Oh, real quick: my love life is deader than Ronald Reagan. On the other hand, my cats are both still alive. And I�m still in my nice apartment. So I guess things are looking up, except, y�know, I�m working some dead-end jobs. Eh, fuck it. Thing�s will look up eventually, and if they don�t, there�s always suicide.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
Fuck birthdays.

Seconded.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... so last year I offered to give a birthday spanking....

I wonder if I should do the same thing this year? [Wink]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SNAY!

~LOA

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, check out www.csgamer.com. They are the best in Counterstrike Servers.

Happy Birthday. I shudder when I realize I will be turning 27 this year.

Boy do I feel old.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debating whether or not to start a similar thread for/on my birthday... nah. No one here cares enough about me to read anything I have to say.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps