Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I asked a girl out today (Page 5)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: I asked a girl out today
Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rwad my sig! We should wipe all this unreasonable crap, or we'll die under tons of nonsensical stupidity!

*This is pointless too. I should shoot myself.*

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[...]

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right...well. First off, hope everything works out, Mike.

Second, I think everyone understood by my metaphoric use of 'ass-raping'.

Third, the sheet thing, if I wasn't clear about it was a terms of behavior thing that our school made us get signed. It insured that all parties involved agreed to such things as the ladies shall not take off their shows prior to the completion of the meal and that sort of thing. Now tell me if THAT makes sense.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, it makes no sense at all. You wanna run this whole certificate of behaviour thing by us one more time?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming "shows" means "shoes"...

I think he means the school made them sign a paper that said "We won't kill people at the dance. We won't expose ourselves at the dance. We won't fuck each other or anyone else at the dance. We won't do non-dance-related activities at the dance.".

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
The only problem is that she isn't really looking for a relationship-type thing right now, so our time together has been relegated to the area of 'fun', which I know is going to crush me soon enough. She has a small child and we've been having such a great time. I'm really crazy about being responsible for helping her take care of her daughter and we do so much for each other that there is no way I could walk away just because the terms of the relationship bother me.

THIS...is not good.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong. But if this girl isn't planning to have anything to do with you other than "fun," then it's not fair to her daughter at all for her to get so attached to you. It'll cause serious problems later.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreed.. that's probably the least of whats wrong with her daughters life though.. my opinion of this is going to change very soon, depending on how im treated in the coming weeks.. im trying to find a way to be destroyed gracefully

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lust is sexual desire. One can recognize that a female is attractive without having any such feelings towards her. I presume at least some of you have female cousins?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So let me get this straight:

We have OmegaLust, which comprises trying to pick up a significant other, and regretting not getting "that girl" because "that girl was HOT"

Then we have badbad sexual lust, comprised of the above plus wanting to insert one's organ into the girls' distinct lack of organ.

And Omega then defines OmegaLust as akin to what one feels towards female cousins rather than the aforementioned badbad.

Hot cousins. Lovely. Way to propogate stereotypes about you southerners.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Omega lives in Shelbyville.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom: You must have missed the signature I had a while back. It was from an ICQ conversation I had w/ Omega, in which he said incest was okay, except for the fact that it's illegal, and if it weren't illegal, he'd be banging his cousins.

Well, not in those exact words, but that was the idea conveyed.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ. What was that other line from The Simpsons? "Someone has spiked the punch - we have called your parents to come collect you!" You have to promise not to do all the things that make a dance fun before you go to the dance, or. . . what? You get sued, probably? Fuck me. It's no wonder Americans like killing people so much, you obviously have a lot to get out of your systems.

Anyway. While I frown on publicising things people have said in private conversations, I'd like to know exactly what was said in that ICQ quote so I might better understand OmegaLust. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that was something he said on the forums, actually, *not* in an ICQ ...

... which, mind me, reminds me of my current Omega quote, a year and a day old today [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes yes...shoes...[insert Jewish mumbling here].

Anyways...the terms as I recall (mind you it has been almost two years now) were almost all entirely trivial matters. Such as the acceptable times for the removal of shoes and ties and such. There might have been terms regarding intercourse and alcohol, but I can't recall specifically. It was the super trivial shit that I remember.

Now if you'll excuse me...I'm off to watch Family Guy. The hell with Morpheus and KaZaa, just look for a kid in your dorm whose got the burned CDs you want.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Nevod
Member # 738

- posted      Profile for Nevod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
So let me get this straight:

We have OmegaLust, which comprises trying to pick up a significant other, and regretting not getting "that girl" because "that girl was HOT"

Then we have badbad sexual lust, comprised of the above plus wanting to insert one's organ into the girls' distinct lack of organ.

And Omega then defines OmegaLust as akin to what one feels towards female cousins rather than the aforementioned badbad.

Hot cousins. Lovely. Way to propogate stereotypes about you southerners.

Huh?
I think that he was mentioning literally, witout any other meaning, ie: Can we say that that girl is sexual, while not getting attracted to her, or generally not attracting to her, or we'll get attracted anyways, otherwise we won't say that she is sexual. Am I right?

--------------------
Fear is the ultimate enemy.And unreasoning is second that.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps