Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Whither Spike? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Whither Spike?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmm... liver.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mucus:
My only question, is there a way to make make the feed pull up, say all of Today's Active Topics rather than just the five most recent posts?

Do you mean the post contents themselves?
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really, I mean that Sage seems to only pull the titles of the five latest posts. However, I would prefer if it pulled all the titles from the "Today's Active Topics". Thus I wouldn't have to watch Flare like a hawk [Wink]

After a bit of looking, I'm hypothesizing that this might not actually be that easy since the five topic thing seems to be decided by http://flare.solareclipse.net/ContentIslands/1/rss10.xml
which only has five generated entries.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but I control how many can be provided.

However, there's an upper limit of 15, while we usually have around 20 active topics per day here.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Which puts you on the side of the "I never have any problems with anything because I use a Mac and Macs are great you have a problem it's because you use Windoze by Micro$oft and they are sh*t sh*t fucking sh*t BY A MAC OR I WILL EAT YOUR LIVER!"

What's the matter?... Jealous? *pistolwink*

I don't know if it's the Guinness or what, but limey livers are the best.

[ November 14, 2004, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flare has an RSS feed? Neat.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Balaam Xumucane:
I don't know if it's the Guinness or what, but limey livers are the best.

Only Australians are allowed to say "limey". Think up your own nickname.

I could also point out that Guinness is as much a "limey thing" as the colour green and the Blarney Stone, but I think I might have spelt the latter item wrong, so I won't.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's "blimey" not "limey" as in "cor blimey"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had that movie here, the one with Terence Stamp, called 'The Limey' (where he's on a plane and then he kicks the crap out of all these guys, except that maybe he didn't), and so after that was out on DVD, Americans were granted a limited distribution of 'limey'. Also, I mispelt 'Guinness' on my first try which would have disqualified me anyway.

Maybe we could we replace 'limey' with 'pommy' and 'Guinness' with 'boiled cabbage'?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could, if this was the 1930s in some parallel universe. Go with "curry". And "pommy" is just as Australian.

Some European countries apparently have a name for us based around "roast beef" (as we eat it; in the same way that the French are called "frogs", or Americans are called "fat").

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im not fat, Im from Minnesota, I blame that characteristic on my Lapland-ian descendants. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, limey was used more by Americans. Australians always used pom.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Australians say Limey? I think not.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Americans don't know or care about the difference between England and Australia, anyway.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps