Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Another Damn Internet Meme: Because You Know You Want To Look! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Another Damn Internet Meme: Because You Know You Want To Look!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every time someone asks that, God kills a Domokun.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aha? You're responding to me again. Progress.

Speaking of memes, does anyone know from where the "Epic Maneuver" song comes, which is played on almost every "Epic bla-bla maneuver" YTMND page? It sounds like from some sword-and-sandal or sci-fi show from the eighties. It seems to come in two versions; classic orchestra instruments or with electric guitars added.

Old version

Newer version

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I always respond to you. Usually with revulsion, but hey, it's a response. 8)

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how annoying

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His response or his revulsion?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
Member # 393

Yes, you'd think Australians would be used to expressions of revulsion by now. . .

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those animations.

revulsion... by... countries containing the word 'United'? [Smile]

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Yes, "United" - a damn sight better than "Pinched from the Abos by a bunch of convicts."

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think that's the official name...
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but I had never come across the whole 'in your pants' thing...I love it. Work is very dull indeed today, in fact so much so that the contrast between it and the 'in your pants' song titles made me laugh out loud while drinking coffee...My keyboard now smells of souring milk...

I won't post mine, but I think the highlight was

Two out of three aint bad in my pants (Meatloaf)

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This whole thing sounds like another variation on the old add "in bed" to whatever your fortune cookie says.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be for one reason.

It is.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim : If you click the YTMND logo in the upper left corner of either of those pages, it gives you some data about the page, including where the sound is from. One says "Nightwish", and the other expands that to "Nightwish - Ghost Love Score".

Use this information wisely.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Upon listening again, that is definately Nightwish. Good old Nightwish.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Yes, "United" - a damn sight better than "Pinched from the Abos by a bunch of convicts."

Not that I'm very PC, but Lee - Aboriginies are generally not referred to as such anymore.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps