Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 4)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, wasn't this a movie?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Movie? What are you smokin? Movie stars are supposed to be sexy, not sexually confused. or ugly, well, sometimes ugly if the plot demands it. But there's always a sexy one to keep the guys interested. Especially if there aren't any explosions or gun battles or car chases.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of the "The Crying Game"?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh Heh, I remember that scene.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Funny I never heard of a gender test before this...well aside from "if you show me yours I'll show you mines."

It's actually standard for the Olympics after (I believe) some thing about the Bulgarians smuggling men onto the women's shotput team or some such. Well, who can tell with Bulgarians?

As I recall, the only person not demanded to subject themselves to a gender test was Princess Anne.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Royal Olympians. How hot is that?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you find Princess Anne to be your bag, then sure...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From India to Britain

just to keep up with a theme...

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Britain to Japan.
Shik
Member # 343

Twofer time!!

First up, Reality check: 95 percent of Americans had premarital sex

More than nine out of 10 Americans, men and women alike, have had premarital sex, according to a new study. The high rates extend even to women born in the 1940s, challenging perceptions that people were more chaste in the past.

Later on: "The data clearly show that the majority of older teens and adults have already had sex before marriage, which calls into question the federal government's funding of abstinence-only-until-marriage programs for 12- to 29-year-olds," Finer said

Secondly: UK report says robots will have rights

Visions of the status of robots around 2056 have emerged from one of 270 forward-looking papers sponsored by Sir David King, the UK government�s chief scientist. The paper covering robots� rights was written by a UK partnership of Outsights, the management consultancy, and Ipsos Mori, the opinion research organisation.

--------------------

HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and they didn't publish that first one while I could have used it for my term paper for one of my classes this term...

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
From India to Britain

just to keep up with a theme...

yuck [Confused]

quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
From Britain to Japan.

double yuck [Confused]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

quote:
Originally posted by Shik:

Secondly: UK report says robots will have rights

Visions of the status of robots around 2056 have emerged from one of 270 forward-looking papers sponsored by Sir David King, the UK government�s chief scientist. The paper covering robots� rights was written by a UK partnership of Outsights, the management consultancy, and Ipsos Mori, the opinion research organisation.

...and R2-D2 and C-3P0 will be able to get married at last.
WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I say R2....what are you doing with that probe?.....R2!!!!!"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

From Japan to PERU That just ain't right.

--------------------

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps