Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 5)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And now we know the origins of Charles Capps [Cool]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, what I'm wondering is : Just how much sex-with-five-year-olds was going on in that area at that time, such that the one girl in (hundreds of?) millions who happened to hit puberty at age 0.75 also just happened to get knocked up?
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh... A lot?

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With everything else that was wonky with that girl's biochemistry, what are the chances for parthenogenesis?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been saying for YEARS that we're gonna fight China but no one listens to me. Now maybe someone WILL. China last week successfully used a missile to destroy an orbiting satellite, U.S. government officials told CNN on Thursday, in a test that could undermine relations with the West and pose a threat to satellites important to the U.S. military.

Right, who's got today in the pool?
Four families have sued the popular social-networking site MySpace and its owner, News Corp., after their teenage daughters were solicited online and sexually abused by adults they met on the site, lawyers for the families said Thursday.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Blaming the families of abuse victims who were solicited online, as some have done, is a cynical excuse that ignores the fact that social networking sites can lead to heinous abuse by Internet predators."

Berating people who blame the families of abuse victims who were solicited online, as some have done, is a bullshit excuse that ignores that fact that maybe parents should go back to being responsible for their own damn children.

So your kids got raped. That sucks. But it's not the fucking Internet's fault.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Blaming the families of abuse victims who were solicited online, as some have done, is a cynical excuse that ignores the fact that social networking sites can lead to heinous abuse by Internet predators."

Berating people who blame the families of abuse victims who were solicited online, as some have done, is a bullshit excuse that ignores that fact that maybe parents should go back to being responsible for their own damn children.

So your kids got raped. That sucks. But it's not the fucking Internet's fault.

QFT!

I've been saying for years (Just not on this forum) that people need to take responsibility for the fruit of their loins. Just this summer my motorcycle was kicked over by a 9 year old girl, when I caught her and took her to confront her parents, her dad said and I quote: "It's not my fault, I didn't even know she was out."

Yeah, you're kids out at 3 am vandalizing other peoples property, and you didn't know she was out? Great parenting skills you deadbeat moron.

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thought when I read the internet article today is that had those kids not met someone on MySpace, it could have been an AOL chat room, a Yahoo! Forum, or any other such place. I mean, come on... MySpace is not the spawn of all evil. As Tim said, parents need to do just that - be parents.

Where were they when their kids were arranging these online meetings anyway? Just a thought...

It's a horrible thing that happened, yes, but blaming the administrator of MySpace for the fact that Mommy and Daddy aren't monitoring Suzy's internet usage bother's me on MANY levels.

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No body is responsible for anything until something bad happens. Then everyone else but the recipient of the "Bad Things, Man" is instantly responsible and of course liable for not preventing the occurance in the first place.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TSN:
[qb]

I've been saying for years (Just not on this forum) that people need to take responsibility for the fruit of their loins. Just this summer my motorcycle was kicked over by a 9 year old girl, when I caught her and took her to confront her parents, her dad said and I quote: "It's not my fault, I didn't even know she was out."

What a freakn' moron!?! Ummmm aren't Parents held responsible for the acts of their children until they turn 16 or 17?? When they cease to be a 'minor'?

Yeah, you're kids out at 3 am vandalizing other peoples property, and you didn't know she was out? Great parenting skills you deadbeat moron.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Da_bang80
Member # 528

Yeah, they are, though I think it's 18 in Canada. Oh well, he paid me a couple hundred dollars to keep the incident out of court. Which was much more than the cost for repairs since I did it myself. Heh heh heh. Do I feel bad? No, should I?

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"Do I feel bad? No, should I?"

For the kid, maybe.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if the kid gets a bit of discipline - it might be a good thing. What the fuck was a 9 year old doing out anyway? Unless it was in their backyard or at the very least with some neighbours.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Da_bang80
Member # 528

I wish I could tell you. She lived in the apartment complex just down the street from my house. And there's always kids out late at night around here. Usually walking around in groups causing trouble, getting into fights and so on.

Working nights at the 7-11, kids wandering around at 3am isn't uncommon. We usually just called the police to come and take them home.

--------------------

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps