Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » iGun? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: iGun?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What approval rating?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spent a year and a half in Texas. They love him there. I met enough people who realized he was an idiot, but I met a crazily high amount of people who were fiercely defending him. It was very polarized, nobody in between.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bush's national approval rating. It's like this constant poll that shows how much of the country agrees with him and approves what he is doing. Not that it means anything anyway, as it's just a chart, and Bush ignores it any how. As of September 07, it was 39% approval.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what Eric was trying to say is that no one approves of him anymore, thus no approval rating... [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. Well, you have atleast his wife, Cheyney, and maybe a few more of his lackies, so I'd give it a 0.000126% app. rating

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
give or take a couple of zeros before the 126 of course.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, this election, we'll win either way. We'll have a calm level headed black man, a somewhat sane and post menapauseal woman, decorated war veteran (unlikely), or a preacher (even more unlikely).

--------------------

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what we said last election, and the election before that...
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was actually appalled at some of Huckabee's platforms. Created some more strain with my ex when I shouted at her when she announced she was supporting him. It's almost frightening - like many people, she refused to vote outside of her party, even if she doesn't like any of the candidates, and all she seems to care about is who doesn't or does support abortion - and that's not even anything the President has any power to do anything about! It should be mostly irrelevant. (I understand wanting a president who shares your views, but you shouldn't care *very* much about the things he can't change anyway.)
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Strange, back in 2000 (even though I couldn;t vote, and still cant) I wanted Bush to be president because his dad was, and he should get s shot at it too. That was my logic. b I should have been slapped for that.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

When I was *really* young back in 92, I wanted Ross Perot to win because I liked the sound of his name.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, in '92, lets see. I was a zygote.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who the hell let you on the board, young'un? Jeez.

My dad voted for Perot, 'cause he thought he was funny.

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
and all she seems to care about is who doesn't or does support abortion - and that's not even anything the President has any power to do anything about!

Not necessarily: one of the President's most far-reaching powers is the power to appoint Supreme Court justices. It is theoretically possible, although unlikely, that a President, or a series of like-minded Presidents, could appoint enough pro-life justices to overturn Roe v. Wade.

I personally support the idea of strict constructionist judges; i.e. judges who refuse to make a decision on something that the Constitution remains silent on. Under strict constructionist judges, Roe v. Wade would never have been decided by the U.S. Supreme Court and the decision would have reverted to the states. Thus, for example, abortion would be illegal in Utah while it would be legal in Vermont.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Well, this election, we'll win either way. We'll have a calm level headed black man, a somewhat sane and post menapauseal woman, decorated war veteran (unlikely), or a preacher (even more unlikely)."

You realize that the decorated war veteran thinks we should stay in Iraq for another century and the preacher says we should rewrite the Constitution to be more like the bible?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps