Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » iGun? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: iGun?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most shocking thing about the whole story? That dude is clearly white. How did the cops not realize their mistake right away?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
Y'see, here I was thinking there was some sweet new gun that told you how much ammo you had left, ordered more online automatically, AND played music. How bout some truth in advertising dude? Even a five word summation of the article would have been great.

Seriously tho, people are getting paranoid, and it's all terrorisms fault. It's the new Cold War people, think about it. Frankly I think that lad has every right to bring legal action against those officers.

Sean: If you want to go into law enforcement all power to you. If you can stay away from the whole power trip thing that everybody's experienced at least once. We need more good, nice cops that don't let their power go to their heads. We got this one cop, most people call her the "Charger Bitch" for her car, and if she weren't a cop her next job would be a dominatrix. No kidding.

First off, you don't want nice coppers, you want honest ones. There's a huge difference.

As for paranoia being "terrorism's fault", that I'm afraid is a big load. Paranoia of this kind is usually fed by how the media and government of the day treats it. I don't recall this kind of nonsense going on (outside of NI) during the IRA campaign and most of that was with the cold war still going in the background.

quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
For me, it's either cop, or history teacher. Either way, I send a message to youngsters. Either by arresting their asses, or by giving them poor grades for poor work.

So it's fascism all the way?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the honest part was kind of implied, I should have chosen my words better there. As for the paranoia bit, while the news and the government are fanning the flames so to speak, terrorism is still the one of the underlying causes at least the way I see it. You're correct when you said there wasn't this kind of nonsense during the conflict in North Ireland. But the conflict didn't really affect anyone living outside of the British Isles. I think al Qaeda (for some reason I can never spell that, their fault for picking a stupid name [Razz] ) proved a point on 9/11 that they can in fact strike anywhere. And that's a scary thought for a lot of people. Which is where my Cold War analogy came in. I remember my parents telling me about practicing diving under desks in the event of a nuclear attack. That must also have been a scary time for a lot of people. I count myself lucky that I didn't have to live through it.

Anyways, I'm not what you would call a debater so I probably only make sense to myself... Fuck it, I'm going to bed.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah nuclear war. Or as G.W. Bush would put it. "It's a nuclular police action"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbw6Nxf8dYU

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.audiobooksforfree.com/kalashnikov/ak-mp3.asp
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
Well, the honest part was kind of implied, I should have chosen my words better there. As for the paranoia bit, while the news and the government are fanning the flames so to speak, terrorism is still the one of the underlying causes at least the way I see it. You're correct when you said there wasn't this kind of nonsense during the conflict in North Ireland. But the conflict didn't really affect anyone living outside of the British Isles. I think al Qaeda (for some reason I can never spell that, their fault for picking a stupid name [Razz] ) proved a point on 9/11 that they can in fact strike anywhere. And that's a scary thought for a lot of people. Which is where my Cold War analogy came in. I remember my parents telling me about practicing diving under desks in the event of a nuclear attack. That must also have been a scary time for a lot of people. I count myself lucky that I didn't have to live through it.

Anyways, I'm not what you would call a debater so I probably only make sense to myself... Fuck it, I'm going to bed.

Not to put too fine a point on it but I'm British and the story at the start of the thread took place here too, so the comparison to the IRA campaign is quite relevant. The only paranoia I saw was in the form of false alarms regarding unattended bags and as a child being told at school not to kick can in the street, lest you get your foot blown off. Another fun fact that at the time, allot of them were being funded, equipped and sheltered by the U.S. - talk about paranoia, imagine if today Canada was found to be harbouring terrorists.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
BJ: If you don't like it, too bad. I'm not going to waste my time picking out references if you are too lazy to look at the article. Otherwise pay special attention to the thread title. It usually means something.

It's got nothing to do with laziness, and everything to do with what may or may not be a "safe for work" site. And just copying the first paragraph or two of an article will usually get you the gist of it.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I want to post something that is not safe for work:
1) It wouldn't be here (it's against the rules around here), and
2) I'd be damn sure to give a warning if it was.

And even so, the title itself should give a bit of an assessment of how "safe" the target link is.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you think of it, I believe the 9/11 hijackers came in from Canada. And so did the Lackawana 6 (or 5, however many there were). There is nothing like finding out that you have a terror cell living in your county, less than 20 miles from your home.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do harbor terrorists. There was a terror plot in Toronto a few years back. I'm just waiting for the day when American tanks roll through my backyard in their quest to eliminate global terrorism. I never intended to make light of the IRA situation, I apologize if it came off that way.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Oh, don't worry. Bush will want to know the secret of " them horsie police" He probably thinks that we will "misunderestimate" them, just like we misunderestimated the Al-keyade-a.

I'm using his actual pronunciations of these words. How did we get a president that can't speak English ? I can't wait for the elections.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sean, everyone knows that the 9/11 hijackers were gay Mexicans who tried to bring down our country with socialized Medicare and same sex marriage with the aide of Saddam Hussein.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Oh great, another reason form the majority of my family to go to war against the world. They're homophobbic, xenophobic, and devout christians,and are endlessly complaining about how the government is trying to screw us over.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does Bush speak Spanish or doesn't he? I've heard him say some things in Spanish, and while his accent wasn't perfect, he actually made fewer mistakes than in English. But they were short things and he could've simply memorized them.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Well, for a person who hasn't even mastered partial english, i would be surprised if he did. I have a few basic spanish phrases memorized even though I dont speak the language. Just enough to get me by if i am stranded in mexico or something. Although It would be wise for him to learn english just incase he is stranded in some remote place in america. His approval rating is dropping as we speak.

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps