Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » ACC RIP (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: ACC RIP
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arthur C. Clarke has died, aged 90.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny, I thought he was older.

http://jam.canoe.ca/Books/2008/03/18/5042126-ap.html

A real visionary, this guy. I fell asleep reading so many of his books, but unlike most authors, it wasn't because they were boring. RIP, space cowboy.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I'm sorry to hear this.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only the good die young, or in this case old, but sad all the same.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True sadness, we lose Gene and Arthur and get Mike and Rick.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And with Gygax gone as well (and Asimov gone years ago) it's like the death of some kind of Golden Age.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dark Ages of Sci Fi are upon us.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. A new ST movie, a new SW movie (animated too) and the ending of the original Stargate. However, we have gained SG Atlantis, a live action Transformers movie, and Battle Star Galactica.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asimov was no great loss.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explain.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"However, we have gained SG Atlantis, a live action Transformers movie, and Battle Star Galactica."

"Atlantis" hasn't been as good as it used to be (though that could theoretically change). "Battlestar Galactica" is ending after this year. And the Transformers movie was crap.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that would happen if they tried to make a David Brin book into a movie.

I would really like to see a series of Gordon Dickson's "Dorsai" books made into movies. Always liked his work.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

One science fiction novel I am not too keen on is Farenheit 451.
DENHAM'S DENTIFRICE
DENHAM'S DENTIFRICE
DENHAM'S DENTIFRICE
DENHAM'S DENTIFRICE
DENHAM'S DENTIFRICE
DENHAM'S DENTIFRICE

There was a whole page devoted to a tooth paste advert!

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with you - that book wasn't very good. OH MY GOD! KIDS DRIVING AT 90MPH!? BOOKS ARE ILLEGAL! And, uh, apparently the Internet never happened either, or else it was made illegal too and not a single person minded - after all, it would only take one to keep a chest fulla flash drives or something...
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

What! No internet pr0n? How would certain members of this forum survive? Books are illegal too, so that includes magazines...

--------------------

-George Carlin

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps