Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » So, Life, and stuff (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: So, Life, and stuff
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz, I did the whole "shut yourself off from the world" when things get rough medical-wise and it was a mistake- glad to see you've come out of that.

Geez...maybe my mind has gone to mush but last I recall you were posting what a great guy taht scott was and I dont recall anything about your being pregnant, much less it somehow being two whole years ago!

Gah- Rip Van Winkle Effect.

This POTS condition seems (at a glance, I claim no expertise) to sometime be an after effect or damage from a viral infection- it's coming to light all the horrible medical conditions those little fuckers can cause- viral infection almost killed my uncle by damaging his heart and almsot certainly led to my grandmother's rapid onset dementia and death.

I wonder if there's not some means to test for viral load traces like how HIV patients do- I'm pretty sure there's an over-the-counter kit for it (though you'd want to get that from your doc).

Am I right in thinking that this condition is lessened when you're horizntal and aggrivated when standing- irregular blood flow leading to rapid heart rate and dizziness and all that?
If you're okay in bed, you might set up a sort of TV Tray (like for eating in bed, but taller) with a ipad or other tablet velcroed to it- so you can lay prone and look up at the screen.

Just a crazy idea, but sometimes my duct-tape fixes work out.
Have you tried anti-inflamatory treatments like Remicade or Humeria? I'm sure I asked you that before when it was all about migarnes.

Good looking kid- the father's a real tool for not being part of his life. I bet he feels like a total shit come father's day- and I'm certain his parents are one to pleased they dont get to see their grandson.
quote:
and being told by Scott that NO ONE was ever going to want a gimpy woman with a kid at her side for a date, let alone a relationship.

Fuck that bozo- you made it through the roughest pregnanatcy ever between physical and emotional pains- nothing that guy can throw at you can come close to what you've already overcome and you still managed to get a great kid out of it.
He'll have a fun time explaining why he's a non-father to any potential girlfriend- NO ONE was ever going to want such a dickbag: anyone like that is just as likely to do it to whoever he's with- and running off with another man's wife only make it worse.

But hey, at least you're not married to the guy!

Be sure you have sole custody- you never know what some people are capable of and your condition may leave you legally vulnerable if you're not lawyered up in advance.
I hope your family is supportive in his care and raising- being a single parent must be hard enough.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's true what they say - misery loves company. 8)

That's a shocking experience you've had, Liz - I'd forgotten about all the migraine stuff. That's one good-looking, happy little boy you got there - you're truly to be commended.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never been a big forum poster... over 30 in 2010, only 5 in 2011.

Like it was already said, this is primarily a Star Trek forum and without any regular Trek it's not surprising activity dropped off.

When Star Trek 2 comes out I'm sure there will be a surge of activity with topics about new starships, size of the Enterprise, a lens flare drinking game, etc...

Flare grew up. When I joined in 1999 I was a 17 years old high school kid, now I'm 30. We have members with kids now and more important things going on than arguing about the size of the Defiant.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
120m. 8)

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is equivalent to 1 frank.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making the Defiant exactly 1.4224 franks in lengths, naturally.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And how many decks does one Frank equal?

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And then you have members like me who joined years after all of that...and weren't part of the "founding fathers" of this community so to speak. I still love it here though. This place was the first internet forum I joined, and the first form of "social media" I ever used...before Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and all that new-aged stuff.

I don't tend to visit many forums anymore though. I guess since my internet time is so monopolized between the aforementioned sites, or actual useful things like researching crap for papers (going on 3 years in...and those really don't get any less painful. [Razz] ), I choose to spend it blowing off steam in a mindless manner. And with the general lack of stimulation in the Star Trek world as of late, there hasn't been much to discuss, unfortunately.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, hopefully we'll eventually see a BOBW Blu-Ray bells-and-whistles edition so we can rehash all those priceless debates of ship design, purpose and size.

Sean, you should go for the ultimate in snark and do a research paper on paper research- get into the minutae of pulp content, brightness and opacity.

Just sayin.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I got married on Saturday.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Yes, you kept that quiet!

--------------------

Trimm
Member # 865

- posted      Profile for Trimm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:

Congratulations! I'm getting married on September 15th.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
quote:
Originally posted by Fabrux:

Congratulations! I'm getting married on September 15th.
The day after my birthday!

Yes, kept it quiet. Last week was pretty crazy busy. This week is honeymoon and it looks like we'll be meeting up with Frank in Boston on Thursday for drinks. [Smile]

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Single aspect of the men here at Flare is now dropping like flies.....
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps