Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So, um, where ARE these WMDs? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  35  36  37   
Author Topic: So, um, where ARE these WMDs?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.canoe.ca/Columnists/goldstein_apr13.html

Just to let you know, the author of this article is FOR the war in Iraq.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't encountered any new news on the nuclear materials finds, and they haven't conclusively reported results of the "is it sarin, is it pesticide, but sarin IS pesticide" find. I did hear this morning that a unit was digging around several trucks found "buried" near Baghdad, whose descriptions seemed to match the "mobile bio labs" Powell spoke of before the UN.

You should know by now the "pro-war" crowd is just as anxious to find WMD as the anti-war crowd is anxious for them not to. Now that the real looking can start, it's only a matter of time.

That said, I like the way he tore apart the "they're gonna plant evidence" paranoid conspiracy theory. Those people need psychiatric help.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
Like those people who believed the Gulf of Tonkin incident was a fake. What fools. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Meh

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently, they're now in Syria.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But in fairness, (suggestions that the coalition will manufacture evidence if none exists) flies in the face of what has happened since the start of this war. Each time coalition forces, who are, after all, soldiers and not scientists, have reported a suspected chemical or biological weapons find, it has been the U.S. administration itself that has shot it down within the next few days, following further investigation and testing.
Now, I may make snide remarks about them planting WMDs, but I don't believe they could do it and get away with it. But this columnist seems to say that the Coalition squashing reports of WMD finds - that will obviously turn out to be false - is the same as saying they would never manufacture finds themselves.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those mobile labs...

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What say we wait for the documents (since that's all they found) to be translated before assuming these "mobile labs" are what Washington wants them to be.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does sound pretty odd though, or does anyone here have a habit of burying there car for fun???

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, after the Basra Road in 1990, and with A-10 pilots back in the neighbourhood, it kinda makes sense.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

WEll, it looks as though they aren't mobile labs after all. They're mobile something, but it doesn't look like they're chem or bio.

quote:
Meanwhile, U.S. military sources Tuesday stepped back from claims made a day earlier that coalition troops had found 11 mobile chemical and biological laboratories buried south of Baghdad.

The 11 cargo containers were filled with new laboratory equipment apparently intended to make conventional weapons, said Chief Warrant Officer 2 Monte Gonzalez, the head of the team brought in to examine them.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, let me go dig up my file cabinet and look up the stuff on the papers there. Why, no, I don't have anything to hide, it is just now SOP to bury the file cabinets....

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't read much about the issue personally, so I'm wondering if any kind of crucial documents or equipment could have been lost in the burning of government buildings in Baghdad and elsewhere...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

I heard, from the news channels, so reliablity is questionable, that the Iraqis kept everything in triplicate or better, so they weren't worried about it too much.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Syria! Syria! Syria!

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Yes, we'll get to them in due time, let us plant the evidence in Iraq first. You know, all of this takes time to accomplish, so ease off.....

--------------------

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  35  36  37   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps