Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So, um, where ARE these WMDs? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  35  36  37   
Author Topic: So, um, where ARE these WMDs?
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still waiting.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Iran is only one letter away from Iraq. Maybe there was, like, a typo on an intelligence report and the weapons are in Iran. We should send our tanks over there and look. I mean they're already in the neighborhood, right?

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
Now they're saying the weapons were destroyed. A pretty lame excuse, if you ask me. If Saddam destroyed them, couldn't we, um, see that through satellites? Or other intelligence? The same intelligence that claimed Iraq had them?

--------------------
Meh

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard Canada has WMDs ready and aimed at the U.S.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, if he destroyed the weapons, doesn't that mean he did what we were asking all along? Meaning there was no reason to invade?
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, having done it in secret mere hours before the tanks rolled giving the world all that notice...

That is, if some of the Iraqis that surrendered can be believed.

Point 1, Iraq is a big country with 30 years of finding ways to hide things, finding anything won't happen over night.

Point 2, most of the Intel was probably radio intercepts, meaning no person actually saw anything.

Do people actually expect them to be marked with a big red X in the middle of Bahgdad or some such silly thing?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
So, if he destroyed the weapons, doesn't that mean he did what we were asking all along? Meaning there was no reason to invade?

Well, no, of course not. I mean everybody knows the real reason we were there was to liberate the oppressed Iraqi people. Only world leaders of silly countries like England thought we were there because of weapons of mass destruction. It was never about that for us, was it? We were really just concerned with the plight of those poor, poor beleaguered citizens (who as coincidence has it, are so precariously perched above the world's second largest petroleum reserves.)

[ May 30, 2003, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Balaam Xumucane ]

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
Many Questions Below:

What if, hypothetically, the WMDs were destroyed in 1998 during Opertaion Desert Fox? I believe those air strikes were targeted at Iraq's weapons plants, and other sites. What if the plants and other facilities were so badly damaged that they could not produce any more Weapons of Mass Destruction? If this happened, then Saddam probably would not cease in his effort to obtain those weapons. But what if, with all his efforts, his scientists and minions could not produce any more WMDs? And the fact that UN Inspectors could not find any biological or chemical weapons was because they really could not rpoduce them anymore?
Does anyone believe that Iraq did not have WMDs (after Desert Fox) because they could not produce them? Isn't it possible they had them but they were destroyed in the attacks amd they couldn't get new ones? Sure, Saddam wanted them, but what if he couldn't get them?

One last thing: why'd Dick Cheney say in August of '02 that Saddam would have nuclear weapons "fairly soon." Wasn't that a blatant lie? And why hasn't anyone asked him about that statement? If it wasn't a lie, and his intelligence was wrong, then why can we trust Powell that his intelligence was correct?

--------------------
Meh

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, "fairly soon" is kinda vague...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*shrug*
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a weapon of mass destruction in my pants. [Smile]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's a Weapon of Humorous Distraction there, Jason. Something you'd whip out on stage to give everyone a good laugh and make some few other men feel better about themselves..... [Big Grin]

Unless of course you're referring to your inability to change underwear in anything less than once a week. [Wink]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Jason stepping on Simons, umm, sizer??
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
YOu guys are just mad that i won't let you play "Hans Blix" with me. [Razz]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Play Hans Blix"? You want us to search and search for it, and still come up w/ nothing?
  This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  35  36  37   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps