Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So, um, where ARE these WMDs? (Page 33)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37   
Author Topic: So, um, where ARE these WMDs?
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
A home made bomb kills just the same as a factory made bomb. As you yourself pointed out all that would be needed to start any bio war program is an infected corpse. There are plenty of those around the third world. Worse diseases than small pox as well. All it really requires is someone ready to do it. The facts prove that there are people like that in all cultures. Preventing plagues is a lot harder than starting them. I have made my point in a round about way. It Doesn't matter whether anyone agrees or not. Well that all thats required of this thread as far as i'm concerned. Carry on with the masterplan. Save the world,You can do it. I have faith in you. [Roll Eyes]

[ September 08, 2003, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: Mountain Man ]

IP: Logged
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yes, you are basically right there; I was refering to the possible discovery of bioweapons facilities in Iraq. [Smile]

Incidentally, what do you all think of Meacher's allegations?

the mad ravings of a 'loony lefty' or a serious possibility that deserves investigation?

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds a bit over the top...

Didn't pre-9/11 Bush basically want more American isolationism, and actually pull out of a lot of oversees military activities? Or was that just election-bullshit?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/serialset/creports/911.html I'll check out your link later I've got business today. Heres one to study if you like. Exchange of information is good for harmony and understanding. Not enough of that in the world. Don't know if this link will work or not. I've checked and can't see any error but it did not come up. Could be because it Government but it's not clasified could be some tech problem.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I keep getting this:

'Host Address Not Found: The proxy could not find an IP address for the host in your request. Possible causes include mistyped URL, misconfigured DNS and transient network problems.'

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Yeah i saw the missing c in access but when I tried to edit, connections went out. I'll try again.
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

I hate to double post like this but net connections are blinking out when I try to edit. The link works now. P.S. I just tried the edit again this time it worked. must be something in my cable, or a server down the line. See you later.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Mr. Kay hasn't got what some others suggest Mr. Kay had.

quote:
Iraq WMD report shelved due to lack of evidence

London: After failing to get any evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, the US and Britain have decided to delay indefinitely the publication of a full report on the controversial issue, media reported today.

Efforts by the Iraq Survey Group, an Anglo-American team of 1,400 scientists, military and intelligence experts, to scour Iraq for the past four months to uncover evidence of chemical or biological weapons have so far ended in failure, The Sunday Times claimed in its report.

It had been expected that a progress report would be published tomorrow but MPs on the British Parliaments security and intelligence committee have been told that even this has been delayed and no new date set.

British defence intelligence sources have confirmed that the final report, which is to be submitted by David Kay, the survey groups leader, to George Tenet, head of the CIA, had been delayed and may not necessarily even be published, the paper said.

In July, Kay suggested on US television that he had seen enough evidence to convince himself that ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein had had a programme to produce weapons of mass destruction.

He expected to find "strong" evidence of missile delivery systems and "probably" evidence of biological weapons.

But last week British officials said they believed Kay had been "kite-flying" and that no hard evidence had been uncovered.

The hunt for weapons is seen in London and Washington as a vital step in convincing an increasingly sceptical public that the war was justified.

Sify News

We will continue to see what we shall see.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they had to revise the report to take into account whatever it was they found in that lake they were draining.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it is more likely that they found squat and cannot publish that because it would embarass B&B.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
B&B?
I wonder how the world would fare with Brannon & Braga for President & Prime Minister.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
Notice he's talking about evidence of WMD programs.
Not massive stockpiles of the actual weapons.

--------------------
Meh

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would history be re-written, continutity scewed....

Having known the Iraqi's that I did in MI it wouldn't surprise me if they had gotten rid of them long ago, and just played like they did, just one of those things that I have seen done by Iraqi people.....

Not being racist, just observant of those that I had worked for....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

The real worry is what if we stop looking too soon. Some of the stuff the Russians tried to destroy many years ago by filling the containers with pure bleach was found to still have viable spores. A time bomb of rusting containers may be just below the surface and that is a lot of country to hide something in. As long as the containers stay sealed there is no problem but what about next year?
  This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps