Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So, um, where ARE these WMDs? (Page 35)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37   
Author Topic: So, um, where ARE these WMDs?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, Troll-dude, if you actually knew half the people you claim to, your social-life would be so all-encompassing you'd never have time to post on some poxy internet bulletin board!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Unlike the average Trekie I have actually been places and met people. The Elderly Italian was the Grandfather of a business associate. He could not speak english. His grandson translated. He had been at Bari when the bombing raid took place and was badly burned by the gas. Having actually met a victim of poison gas,I became interested in the subject. His injuries were mostly to the lungs.
IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmmmm....lungs.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Unlike the average Trekie I have actually been places and met people."

Once, a long, long time ago, I wanted to be The Cote d'Azur, but, I don't know. It didn't work out. What's your secret?

Other than lying.

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Yeah I know. Just a little venom. Truely though,My experiances have brought me into contact with a wider assortment of personalities than most. Its a business thing. You have to talk to people. Getting inside their heads, learning where they are coming from. Meeting the elderly Italian was just one of those things,an accidental meeting more than twenty years ago, It lead to my interest in the effects of chemical weapons.P.S. I don't believe anything most people say either. Good practice not to. Phoney internet personalitys abound.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mountain Man:
Unlike the average Trekie I have actually been places and met people. The Elderly Italian was the Grandfather of a business associate. He could not speak english. His grandson translated. He had been at Bari when the bombing raid took place and was badly burned by the gas. Having actually met a victim of poison gas,I became interested in the subject. His injuries were mostly to the lungs.

1) How do you know where the avarage trekkie has been?
2) Is there anything you believe you do not know?
3) The fact that, having inhaled poison gas, his injuries were mostly to his lungs is not actually all that shocking. My great grandfather was gassed at the Somme and died many years later of a lung disease. The link between poison gas and the respiratory system has been made before.

Having said that, the link was interesting.

It's interesting also to note the transition from Bush from WMD to WMD programs and now changing from the not denying Saddam playing a role in the 11 September attacks to the present position with the (rather tenuous) link between Hussain and Al Qaeda.

quote:
And I can actually connect myself to Kevin Bacon by six degrees of separation.

Go on then...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

I was being a bit Venomus there. The public perception of Trekies is probably undeserved. Being older than most,I've met and talked with people, that younger people will never get the chance to meet, because they passed away long ago. I've worked alongside victims of communist and fascist oppression and heard their stories. I've had many contacts whose experiances and world view are a data base for building my own view of the world. Different data base different viewpoint. PS the recent changes in the governments stance on Saddams involvement in 911 came as a suprize to me.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fair enough, although I'm only 17 and have met 'victims of communist oppression' (not really all that hard- about half the population of Europe).

quote:
PS the recent changes in the governments stance on Saddams involvement in 911 came as a suprize to me.

Really? Most of the papers and other stuff I've read have been saying all along that there was no evidence, as has the UK govt. Although admittedly the last sourcecmay not be entirely reliable...

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Mountain Man
Ex-Member

Apparently Bush himself has said Saddam was not involved. This was in a recent news release. The stance of the government changing so swiftly was what caught me off guard. Still its not over yet. I've been too emotionaly caught up in this(because of 911) to really be objective. Plus I recently took a bad spill and apparently fractured my skull. Thats one of the reasons my posts are so strange at times. I even said hour when I meant week in one post. Now that was really embarassing. Then my net connections kept going out every time I tried to edit a post. Its all been very odd.P.S. I think my spelling is begining to improve. I found an online grammar tutorial also. Soon my post will be easier to understand.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Y'know, Troll-dude, if you actually knew half the people you claim to, your social-life would be so all-encompassing you'd never have time to post on some poxy internet bulletin board!

Hey look, It's an anti-troll troll from the Knower of All Things Poxy, and his Spotted Dick!

Now, when UM says something like that, it's funny. When I say it, it's isn't. Why IS that?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because there's nothing threatening about Pennsylvania or anyone who lives there.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmmm....Pennsylvania .

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
Now, when UM says something like that, it's funny. When I say it, it's isn't. Why IS that?

If you don't know, then it can't be explained.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Because there's nothing threatening about Pennsylvania or anyone who lives there.

Threatening enough to have stomped on the Ravens the last time they came to town. [Razz]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's just one of those odd flukes of nature.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps