Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Separation of Church and State, part whatever (Page 3)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: Separation of Church and State, part whatever
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, compared to others this is hardly the most crazy hate filled thread ever of all time.

But I would like Mr Greek letter to answer that point about homosexuals. Are you now proporting that ALL Old Testement stuff can be ignored, or only stuff that you want to?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to turn this into a MadLibs argument, useful in case of terrible Christian arguments.

"Just because there's a record of someone, even if it's God, saying the words _________ doesn't mean WE, NOW are supposed to __________."

It's true once, so why not ubiquitously?

Let us presuppose we can change the blank to "Think homosexuality is bad."

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We are united as one universal church...
*ploink*
djewell
Member # 1111

- posted      Profile for djewell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Point taken. I now make argument 1.1: Some of us still believe in the idea of a universal church. Others of us like to be narrow minded. But we are not united.

I'm not going to post in this thread anymore, it makes my blood pressure go up.

--------------------
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind."

-Einstein

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heartbroken.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well that's the last of the zealotry for this thread then.

Now back to the post's topic (already in progress).

So who else thinks this is only a publicity gimmic to garner support and make this judge a household name for when he runs for higher office?

I'd love to see him disbarred for judicial misconduct ad have to step down.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I have a right to my beliefs and you have no right to tell me that its wrong."

The hell I don't. Your religion is wrong. Now, I'll sit back and wait to see if I get arrested for that. You can hold your breath if you like, but I don't recommend it.

As for the "god hates fags, but Jesus doesn't" arguement... I'm afraid Omega's gay-bashing religion-mates can get past you on that one. Even if they chuck the OT, the letters of Paul still say the man-train is no good. Of course, they also say women can't talk in church, so go figure.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a religion what worships a guy that never scored, had no job and was best pals with a hooker.
I think Jesus was gay.
Paul was a jilted suitor and wrote all that gay bashing stuff in revenge.
It's all written in some of those non-canon books of the bible. [Wink]
The New Testament? One long tale of cock-rockin' in the holy land.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDGY!
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh good. Religion.

quote:
Some of us still believe in the idea of a universal church.
Oh, come on; even individuals and groups within the same deniminations disagree and argue with each other!! Just all convert to Anglicanism; no convictions, no hassle!! [Wink]

Seriously though, the Ten Commandments are not appropriate outside an American courthouse. Why? Because their display may be interpreted by some as support for Christianity by the state. It may not have been intended that way but it could certainly be interpreted that way.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
It's a religion what worships a guy that never scored, had no job and was best pals with a hooker.

First, super English use to the max. Second, where'd you get the idea that he never scored. The bible makes a big deal out of Mary's virginicity (which sounds like a funky mineral water, if you ask me), but nowhere does it say that Jesus never did the penis thrust with woman creature. I always thought he was doing it with Mary Magdeline.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he still wouldn't compare with good old Zeus/Jupiter...now that guy got around with the mortal womenfolk. Left plenty of hybrid human-god offspring around too.

You know, that idea sounds familiar somehow...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

First, super English use to the max. Second, where'd you get the idea that he never scored. The bible makes a big deal out of Mary's virginicity (which sounds like a funky mineral water, if you ask me), but nowhere does it say that Jesus never did the penis thrust with woman creature. I always thought he was doing it with Mary Magdeline.
That would have been a BIIIG sin by Jewish standards of the time (and yes, he was jewish: all his followers were too, just a radical sect of Judism).
So, while it's certainly possible Jesus was hookin' up with MM, it's never mentioned or even alluded to.
So the modern version of Jesus (the one worshipped on a pedastal) is still a virgin.

It's a creepy religon any way you look at it: many fertiliy icons and statues of naked preagnant dieties were destroyed by the church as pagan and replaced with crucifix's depicting the horrible tortured death of their man/god.
Not exactly life-affirming is it?
Should'nt they have come up with some other icon depicting his rebirth or something?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since he was the way and the light, I wonder if he ever offered MM the Photon Torpedo?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

A disruptor cannon of salvation?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps