Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I challenge you to follow me! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I challenge you to follow me!
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I just found out one of our friends is homosexual and has a boyfriend. I am very happy for him.

I think more people should follow my example.

------------------

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being happy for him or finding out if our friends are homosexual and have a boyfriend? *L*

------------------
Person One: "LOOK! Charles has changed his sig!"
Person Two: "Quick, call a doctor!"
the solareclipse network

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have no problem at all, if I heard that a friend of mine would be homosexual.

BTW: Why are you 'Unregistered'??

------------------
Okay, who put a "stop payment" on my reality check?

zilla
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* A few years ago I wouldn't have had any problems with homosexuals... but having my mom totally screw up my life by deciding she was gay kind of hurts.

If I found out one of my friends were gay I have no idea how I'd react. I'd still love them, but geeesh it would be hard for me.

------------------
ever wonder why abbreviation is such a long word?

IP: Logged
Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

Gay or straight is irrelevent. How pleasent they are to talk to is all that matters.

However, I don't agree with them parading around. I don't run around with a sign that says "Proud to Be Straight", because, frankly, no one would care. And I don't see why they should either.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... and while you're at it, don't parade around because you're Irish. Or Christian. Or thankful. or Your country won a war or two or ten. Or any other reason.

You tie up traffic. Get off the road.

*smirks*

I have some gay friends. I have some bisexual friends. I have some straight friends. Since I'm not at all directly affected by any of their sex lives, why should I care either way?

--on the other hand, if Pat Robertson or a similar being showed up at my non-straight friends' places and started harassing any of them, I'd beat him to death with a toilet plunger. But then, I don't like "those types" anyway.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited June 25, 1999).]

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*deletes post due to being sick of the subject matter, as annual conference was last week*

Sorry, I meant to say that to the guy above you. Since I can't see the thread now I forgot who I was talking to.

[This message has been edited by bryce (edited June 26, 1999).]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Liam and Lee look at each other and simultaneously say "Harry Enfield's Dutch Policemen sketch!"* 8)
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did I say anything about, towards, or even concerning, zilla?

*checks first First post*
Urm.. nope.

What's your point?

But, since you brought it up...

I still don't get the Christian thing with homosexuality. SURE, the OT says stuff about it, but it also says don't eat such-and-such, (goodness, shrimp and lobster are an abomination!) and that you have to go out in the countryside to poop, and a lot of other things that don't really apply today. And then there's the stuff that the OT tells you that, as a true believer, you must KILL people for doing...

Now, the typical answer I hear to this is "yeah, but the coming of Jesus repealed all the dietary and such laws with the coming of Forgiveness."

Well, are we going to pick and choose which bits of the Old Law to cling to?

Did JC ever actually say ANYTHING about it? Remember, he was a guy who stopped folks who wanted to stone certain people to death. Oh, I know Paul said some stuff, but is Paul divine? And wasn't, perhaps, he also still clinging to the Old Law just a bit?

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*claps for First of Two's sentiments* I am a Christian, but I am not against homosexuality. SO many people that I know in life are against it, and they always try to quote God as the reason why... I also go to a very... umm.... well, a very close minded church, and I've had MANY heated discussions there about homosexuality.... My theory on it though remains the same, no matter HOW many times I fight the fight: Homosexuality is not something for me to worry about... it does not affect me directly, and if it makes people happy, then so be it. Whether God thinks it's right or wrong is not for me to decide, and if one of my friends is homosexual and still has a great relationship in Christ, then who am I to try to change that person? The decision on whether it's right or wrong is not mine, nor will it ever be. It ultimately is God's decision, and until I neet him face to face and discuss it with him, I will never be one to preach his feelings on it...

But that's just me, and I'm sure there are a lot of people that disagree with what I've said *shrug* Who am I to argue? We're all entitled to our own opinions, right? But now you know my thoughts at least... I have quite a few friends that are homosexual or bisexual, and a lot of other friends that are heterosexual.. and in my opinion, each and every one of them stands the same chance as I do for getting into heaven. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it....

~LOA

------------------
I hate men. I truly do. But it's okay... I'm not bitter.

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

I'm with LOA on this one. As a Christian, I leave the judging to God. Besides, I have to spend my time trying to prevent myself from sinning. I may be Christian, but I ain't perfect.

I also agree with First of Two. Although I don't understand his hatred of Christians, he raises a point. We can't take the parts of the Bible we like. It's not like that. The Bible is an all or nothing thing. Picking and choosing may make you feel all warm and fuzzy since you don't have a problem in sticking to the rules you support, but that isn't the point.

*Realizing that I am rambling*

Oh, well...yeah. So there.

------------------
Josh: I think they're getting to know each other a bit too well, if you catch my drift.
Me: Oh, I agree. I think they're spending too much time together, that is of course, if you catch my drift.
Asher: I think he's *ucking her, and he's cheating on his wife, and he's risking his marriage, and if his wife finds out about it she'll leave him and take their son, and his life will be ruined. If you catch my drift...

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and I totally screwed up MY family's life when _I_ came out of the closet, too.....

but I am not responsible for thier reactions to the way I was created. I was truthfull to them, and that was a large step for me ..... and if they don't wish to tolerate that, or recognize it as a good thing, or accept it, that's their problem. Not mine. And I don't think I should be punished for this, either.... I didn't choose. Likewise, I don't think other gay people that my mother meets should be punished just becuase her daughter totally ***ked up her life by coming out. Treat other's as you want to be treated, wether they be gay, straight, bi, or whatever... what does it matter who they sleep with?!

------------------
Cherish your visions; cherish your ideas; cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for if you remain true to them, your world will at last be built.

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here we go again

------------------
I love Zilla's lips ! ;)

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, let's not do this thing again, we covered it quite nicely a while back, didn't we? Keep it civil if you're gonna argue. *gets out a padlock* Don't make me use this.

------------------
Person One: "LOOK! Charles has changed his sig!"
Person Two: "Quick, call a doctor!"
the solareclipse network

Jaresh Inyo
Ex-Member

Let me be the first Christian here to promise not to tell anyone that they are immoral. I ask that the other Christians do the same. And in return, let's keep the Christian bashing to a minimum. The world's a tough enough place as it is, we don't need to bombard ourselves with ego-downers on the net, too.

------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps