Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I challenge you to follow me! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I challenge you to follow me!
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was once cornered by a guy who wanted to perform oral sex to me. I wasn't even wearing a minishirt! I said no and walked away but the guy was following me around. The real kicker was that we had met in a bar and he knew I was straight because we were talking about Filipina bargirls and the associated actitivities concerning them.

So, no. I don't have a problem with gays, just gay Marines that want to **** ** ****.

Yeach.

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This whole thing is confusing. The bible condradicts itself in several ways, or at least it does in the way we interpret it.

------------------
"Just remember...you're the queen!"
Tom Paris to Janeway, "Bride of Chaotica"

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the book of Leviticus tell Christians to prohibit anyone with a handicap, bad vision, etc, etc, from being a Christian or attending services at a church.

I may be wrong, but doesn't this go against "Treat your neighbor as you want to be treated"? Is that even a part of the Bible?

------------------
"Just remember...you're the queen!"
Tom Paris to Janeway, "Bride of Chaotica"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
History point: Leviticus was not written with Christians in mind.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, really!

Then why haven't we taken it out of the Bible.

Someone here said we took out a lotta Gospels written by Thomas and stuff. Well, if we took those out why not Lev. too?

------------------
I love Zilla's lips ! ;)

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can be happy for them. As long as they keep a respectable distance.
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Pure coincidence: I hear laws are about to be passed that will make it possible for gay couples to marry for real. Which I think is great. And adopt children. But I'm not too sure about the last. But that's probably the last bit of homophobic instinct left in me, so I should ignore it. Opinions?

BTW, what was in bryce's deleted post?

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Respectable distance?

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I chewed out First of Two instead of Jaresh Inyo (sp.)

------------------
I love Zilla's lips ! ;)

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bryce: I meant that the Laws were intended for the Jews and sort of made null later on for Christians. Therefore, they were not designed with Christians in mind.

------------------
Doctor: "Run along. I'll reattach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them." (Voyager: "The Killing Game")

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

I just found a little factiod for you, Elim

Having not actually went thru Lev yet I found a commentary note that says Holiness is mentioned more often (152 times) in Lev. than in any other book in the Bible.

I will be going thru Lev. very soon and will get back to you.

------------------
I love Zilla's lips ! ;)

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

Okay...

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leviticus 12:3 states that male children must be circumcised on the eighth day after birth. I was never circumcised, and I have no intention of being circumcised.

According to 1 Corinthians:

1. Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised.

2. Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts.

3. Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him.

I think the acid test for any behavior is if it is motivated out of respect for God, yourself and others, or whether it's objective is to establish control over another. You are responsible for submitting your own behavior to god's will, not subjugating others. It is the other person's responsibility to submit or not.

A Christian shows the way, as best they can. They don't lasso others and drag them along.

--Baloo

------------------
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
--Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one, Baloo.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

I'm not trying to 'lasso' anyone.

Elim: Lev. 1-7 talks about offerings
Chap. 8: Aaron and his sons
Chap 9-15: talk about priest rules and unclean things
Chap 16: Jewish atonement
17: Punishment for sacrificing wrongly
18: Sexual relations
19&20 are commands and more punishment
21-27: More about priest rules, offerings, the sabbath, rewards for obedience, and more warnings of punishment.

Really, chapter 18 would be the only thing the church would pay attention to because all the rest pretains to the Jews of that day.

------------------
I love Zilla's lips ! ;)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps