Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Drive (vague $) Um, woah... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Drive (vague $) Um, woah...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not since "The Adversary" have I sat up so abruptly for the final shot of the show....

Oh, and the show kicked ass in a hokey Episode One way. Some really, really good dialogue, though, and nifty FX

------------------
"...I was just up in Canada, Toronto actually. You know, they really hate you guys [Americans] up there? The funny thing is, they think you hate them back, when in fact, you just couldn't be bothered to care. Now in Ireland, it's a different story. At least we had the common decency to wait until the English invaded before we started hating them. I guess the Canadians are hating you in advance..."
-Irish Comic Ed Byrne on Canada-US relations

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really liked this episode. Great character interactiion, some continuity (!), and it just had a good feel. Right from the teaser I knew I'd like it. A lot of the episodes last season didn't make me want to sit and watch and pay a lot of attention. Wouldn't that be sad, and good at the same time, if the last season of Voyager turned out to be great?

------------------
"Contact in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... more or less."
-Tal Celes "Good Shepard"
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/7647/

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I seriously liked this! It was very good! I especially liked the trade-off between Kim and the girl at gunpoint to Paris and Torres, and back again.

------------------
Me: "Why don't you live in Hong Kong?"
Rachel Roberts: "Hong Kong? Nah. Oh, but we can live in China! Yeah, China has great Chinese food!"

(discussion with fellow classmate, 9/5/00)

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still..e.r.. *O_O*

------------------
"Uh, Cody, what has the Mullah of Cappistan been smoking?"
"MILKSHAKES. I HAVE BEEN SMOKING MILKSHAKES!"

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
In all honesty, I thought the race episode, when I first heard about it, was going to suck. I just kept thinking back to that god awful wrestling episode and concluded that the Voyager writers are just incapable of mixing sports with Voyager succesfully. However, I don't need to tell you that I was wrong. I was definitly surprised when "Drive" turned out to be a pretty damn good episode.

------------------
If anyone has a Star wars action fleet E-wing starfighter or Tie defender toy they want to sell, please E-mail me at [email protected]

IP: Logged
Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a completely new thing for Star Trek, and I didn't even mind that they obviously wanted to parallel the real-world Olympics (a time when all the wars would be suspended in ancient Greece). However, the marriage came a bit too fast IMHO. On a minor note, what's so horrible about a Level 5 diagnostic?

[This message has been edited by Boris (edited October 19, 2000).]

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Odd mixture of new ships and recycled ones. Ozal was cruising around in a Karemma ship. I also noticed a Devore Imperium cruiser and the shuttle from that race that sabotaged the Borg Vinculum, Species 6885 or something, among the racers. Did anyone see if the Flyer had a '2' affixed to the end of the name? My reception isn't great. I could not tell.

------------------
Hey fella, I bet you're still livin' in your parents' cellar
Downloadin' pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar
And postin "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er
I should do the world a favor and cap you like Old Yeller
You're just about as useless as jpegs to Helen Keller

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, no "II."

Nice that we finally get t'see what those hatch things on the side of the ship are.

Anyone else look at 1st Ziyal's ship & immediately think of the Liberator from "Blake's 7?"

------------------
"Two parts slush...one part solid ice...one part hard-packed snow...a dash of assorted debris...sculpt into sphere, and serve at high velocity without warning." --Calvin

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, a level five diagnostic, according to the TNG tech manual, is performed pretty well constantly by the computer on all major systems, and only takes about twenty seconds. 'Course, that was ten years ago. On DS9, it's backwards. A level 5 diagnostic is one of the most thorough kinds, where you pretty well take the system apart piece by piece. I suppose that it's plausable to say that it wasn't actually a change because DS9 is a Cardie station, but that it was a fleetwide change, and thus would have affected Voyager before she left. Or maybe it has something to do with the datastreams back to Earth...

------------------
Pilot: You're sure they were Americans, eh?
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
Pilot: Americans it is.
- "due South"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Paris did mention that the Flyer was rebuilt, if that means anything.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the DS9 tech. manual, the reverse order of diagnostics is Cardassian in origin.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yeah, but the DS9 tech manual is pretty well screwed up, you know.

I'm betting that was just a cop-out explaination for why the series' used different numbering schemes, 'cause some writer screwed up somewheres. I like my explaination better.

------------------
Pilot: You're sure they were Americans, eh?
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
Pilot: Americans it is.
- "due South"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But why on Earth, or why in the Milky Way, I suppose, would anyone do that?

"We've rethought things, and from now on green means stop and red means go. Yellow or amber means bow down to the avenging Elder Gods. You might want to keep an eye out for that yellow one."

Also, not having seen the episode yet, would someone mind telling me what we're talking about?

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shik, what hatches on the side of the ship are you talking about?

------------------
So why don't we make a little room in my BMW babe
Searching for some peace of mind
Hey I'll help you find it
I do believe that we are practicing the same religion
- from the song "Fastlove"

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ones that now seem to be "auxiliary thrusters"...

------------------
"Two parts slush...one part solid ice...one part hard-packed snow...a dash of assorted debris...sculpt into sphere, and serve at high velocity without warning." --Calvin

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps