Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Drive (vague $) Um, woah... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Drive (vague $) Um, woah...
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure we ever found out when in his career it was that Paris' shuttle accident/coverup got him booted out of Starfleet. He mentioned serving aboard a ship at one point, but this all could've been at the Academy. Just because Janeway granted him a commission of Lt. JG in Caretaker, doesn't necessarily mean he had attained that rank before. She may have felt that he simply warrented that rank based on his experience. There may have been a line somewhere that confirms he did indeed graduate, but if there is I can't remember it.

Why are we calling the pointy eared hottie Torya Ziyal the First? Is it the same actress? I didn't notice.

------------------
"A gathering of Angels appeared above my head. They sang to me this song of hope, and this is what they said..." -Styx

Aban's Illustration www.thespeakeasy.com/alanfore

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is the same actress.

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the Encyclopedia says Tom graduated from Starfleet Academy. B'Elanna may have been referring to the fact he was expelled from Starfleet after the shuttle accident. Though the word expel usually refers to school. It looks like Irina was the only one to get a new ship. Everyone else had reuses from earlier episodes.

------------------
Hey fella, I bet you're still livin' in your parents' cellar
Downloadin' pictures of Sarah Michelle Gellar
And postin "Me too!" like some brain-dead AOL-er
I should do the world a favor and cap you like Old Yeller
You're just about as useless as jpegs to Helen Keller

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Methinks someone on the writing staff got their Locarnoes crossed.

Of course, it would be cool if Paris went to the academy under an assumed name, was the head pilot of the Academy's precision-flight squadron, hung around with an ex-child-genius late of the Enterprise, was expelled and then found himself back in Starfleet only to be kicked out again a mere two years later.

Improbable, but cool.

------------------
"...I was just up in Canada, Toronto actually. You know, they really hate you guys [Americans] up there? The funny thing is, they think you hate them back, when in fact, you just couldn't be bothered to care. Now in Ireland, it's a different story. At least we had the common decency to wait until the English invaded before we started hating them. I guess the Canadians are hating you in advance..."
-Irish Comic Ed Byrne on Canada-US relations

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Galen: No, the lines went something like:
Paris: "It's what got me through the Academy."
Torres: "You were expelled!"

------------------
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
-Yasir Arafat on religious wars

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember knowing that Paris was expelled since the first episode, but that might have come from the Caretaker novel or some other profile thing.

------------------
"The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
--Albert Eistein

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps