Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Drive (vague $) Um, woah... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Drive (vague $) Um, woah...
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I don�t get to see these episodes, anyone got screencaps of the ships?

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"auxiliary thrusters"? No... They're "impulse thrusters". Powerful stuff. Basically just small impulse vents, from what it looks like.

------------------
"Incest! A game the whole family can play!"
-Jonah Rapp

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where are they at? Are you talking about the ones on Deck 1 or the ones attached to the warp nacelle pylons?

------------------
So why don't we make a little room in my BMW babe
Searching for some peace of mind
Hey I'll help you find it
I do believe that we are practicing the same religion
- from the song "Fastlove"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was hoping those would be the escape pod hatches on the sides of the Delta Flyer since I can't find any other place for them to be.

------------------
Calvin: "Isn't that weird?? If computers can think, what will people be better at than machines?"
Hobbes: "Irrational behavior."
This post sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two things.

Could the Flyer be big enough to have escape pods?

I went to the Trekbbs this morning, to see what they thought of the episode, and almost no one liked it. I was surprised by that, since I liked it so much, but I thoughyt maybe it was me, but then I come here, and you guys liked it as much as I did. I think I'll stay out of there Voyager forum.

------------------
Sailing the Slipstream

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I recall, the Flyer's escape pod was less a pod than a Harry-shaped box, and not something that required any great amount of space to store.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not-necessarily-vague spoilers in this post... Stop reading if you don't want them...

Okay, I've finally seen it today... One question, Tom... What made you sit up so abruptly about the DF w/ "Just Married" scrawled on the back and some sort of storage media trailing behind?

------------------
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
-Yasir Arafat on religious wars

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited October 23, 2000).]

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Delta Flyer escape pod was seen in "Good Shepard", and since they mention 'pods' there's more than one. Which seems reasonable since a DF escape pod is only big enough for 1 person.

------------------
Calvin: "Isn't that weird?? If computers can think, what will people be better at than machines?"
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that episode did kick some serious butt. I always love getting new special FX shots too.

------------------
"Don't hide your tears. They were sent to wash away those years."--Creed

The web page is not completed yet, but come by and check it out. :)
Quantum Threshold

REDESIGNED!!!!!! Avalon Sector

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tim: Because, in a pseudo-Sixth Sense kinda way, it made the entire preceeding scene take on a whole different meaning. (now getting to hardly-vague-$-at-all) It was, at first glance, a scene of the two of them celebrating their engagement. Only afterwards did I realize that B'elanna had, in fact, done better than say yes to Tom, and that we'd had an Off-Camera wedding, which in itself is just such a cool idea that it boggles the mind.

Besides, you have to agree that the cans were cool.

------------------
"...I was just up in Canada, Toronto actually. You know, they really hate you guys [Americans] up there? The funny thing is, they think you hate them back, when in fact, you just couldn't be bothered to care. Now in Ireland, it's a different story. At least we had the common decency to wait until the English invaded before we started hating them. I guess the Canadians are hating you in advance..."
-Irish Comic Ed Byrne on Canada-US relations

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sternbach has said, via his newsgroup, that the impulse engine thingies are indeed where the escape pod thingies were before. As to where the escape pod thingies are now, well, good question.

I just like to say thingies.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very vague spoilers, but if you're this far down the page.

Did anyone else thing the alien "cruisers" like the race coordinator showed up in (not in the race) looked somewhat Akira-like in profile?

TK

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't notice that... I did think that Tora Ziyal the First's ship was vaguely Y-wing-like... :-)

Tom: Oh, okay. The wedding rings they were wearing tipped me off, but I guess you just didn't see that...

------------------
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend."
-Yasir Arafat on religious wars

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Not y wing like more likethat thing anakin used in episode1

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Hobbes
Member # 138

I know such things as continuity in Braga-run Trek is considered heresy, but Paris was expelled? Was this ever mentioned before? Also, if he was expelled how could he of made officer when he didn't even graduate from the Academy?

According to my Paris personnel profile I have that he majored in astrophysics and went to Marseilles, France for physical training during his second semester.

------------------
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps