Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Deep Space Nine: The missing voice-over (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Deep Space Nine: The missing voice-over
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Dukhat, I'm pretty sure it was Elizabeth.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Snay I remember reading Elizabeth too.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My goodness. As bad as many of us think Voyager was, from the sound of those rumors... it could have been much, much worse.

It is kind of interesting, though, how some of the early ideas worked their way into the show in various forms.

I'm utterly amazed at all the attempts that appear to have been on the table to tie in the new series with the former ones. The Guardian of Forever tie in, for instance. Even in DS9 it looks like there were supposed to be a blantant amount of TNG tie ins. I think some tie ins are good... but we didn't need smack me over the head stuff to link the series together.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really should go through my old articles now... that Red's jumped the gun "Happiness is a waaaarm gun" [Smile]

There are some really bizarre rumours that were published.

Does anyone remember that Comic that Majel Barret put out a few years ago - it was one of the first of Gene's lost scripts to be used. At a convention here in Brisbane in 1994 she told us all about the idea behind the characters etc. An intruiging character was a young Girl who only lived 6 years or so. It was funny when she came back in 1996 I asked her about that character and mentioned Kes. She looked at me and basically said "I don't know what you are talking about". I don't know how to include (a lengthier) version of this on the page... anyway - I was mightily intruiged. I wonder what went on there? B/P/T took the idea cause it was a Gene idea thus = Star Trek?? Or did Majel sell the idea to the Voyager people? I never got the end product comic - did anyone get it? I think the cover had a rather abstract Enterprise pic or something? I wonder if that character was in it. Did the magazine even eventuate!?! It probably turned into Andromeda!

At the 1996 Con - she was just off stage on her phone to the 'States. When she got off she came on stage and told us they had given the green light for Battleground: Earth - as "Earth:Final Conflict" was originally titled.

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, good spot, it was Lower Decks that Sito died, got those two mixed.

AndrewR - don't feel bad man, I did not jump any gun, I agreed to unearth all and any old rumours/information I could find. It was a sizable chunk, and far too long to 'post' here in a forum, so I put on a page, yes it was your idea and I'll credit you with it.

I did this work by spending an evening going through all this material, then writing it up. And if I want to put something like that on my site, I can.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snay:
Actually, Dukhat, I'm pretty sure it was Elizabeth.

Nicole.
But I do remember reading that they changed the name to Nicole to appease Bujold. I assumed that it was changed from Kathryn, but perhaps Elizabeth was the original name.

--------------------
"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It?s us. Only us."
Rorschach

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Conspiracy Bugs are likely to make a reappearance in the 6th season."

!!

Oh, what a waste...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Admiral:
Yes, good spot, it was Lower Decks that Sito died, got those two mixed.

AndrewR - don't feel bad man, I did not jump any gun, I agreed to unearth all and any old rumours/information I could find. It was a sizable chunk, and far too long to 'post' here in a forum, so I put on a page, yes it was your idea and I'll credit you with it.

I did this work by spending an evening going through all this material, then writing it up. And if I want to put something like that on my site, I can.

Oh RED! Of COURSE!! Your work was GREAT!! I just thought... we could sorta... pool our resources!?! [Smile] That is all. Thanks for the idea credit - I need SOME ego-stroking after-all! [Smile]

So - I should go and pull down my magazines etc. There is this one REALLY rediculous magazine for video releases which gets EVERYTHING about the 'new DS9' series WRONG. And I really mean wrong. [Big Grin]

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we're collaborating - the page I put up contains all the rumours I've found so far (there's more that I've since found), and I'm interested to see what you might come up with. If you want me to include what you find on my page as well, I'd be pleased to.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps