Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » More TOSsage. (minor $) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: More TOSsage. (minor $)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tellarites.

(it should be pointed out that Berman and Braga now face a new problem: they have met the feckless demands of the whiners to such an extent that we're quickly closing on there being literally no TOS aliens left unseen or unmentioned. How will the bitchers be placated in season 4?)

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How will the bitchers be placated in season 4?

Orion Slave Girls? TNG-DS9-Voyager races known to be active in the 22nd centuary ie Trill and Bolians? Grab random races from TUC?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I had more faith in Enteprise, this would've been great news. Instead, it triggers a "yeah, so what?" response. It's just another obligatory "continuity" appearance. Continuity != namedropping.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Hopefully this time they'll have hands that look a bit more reasonable for tool-users.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
or tools designed to fit their hands... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
How will the bitchers be placated in season 4?)

With the destruction and the replacement of the Akiraprise, of course. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Yay! Hopefully this time they'll have hands that look a bit more reasonable for tool-users.

I remember that the face make-up was different, but did the Tellerite in "The Mark Of Gideon" have different hands than the one taking that kerazy journey to that kerazy planet called Kerazy Babel?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you mean "Whom Gods Destroy." There were no Tellarites in "The Mark of Gideon."
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about the hands in WGD - but yeah his eyes weren't inset. Maybe he was half-human/half-tellarite?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The (supposed?) Tellarite in "The Lights of Zetar" had normal hands. And so did the Voyage Home and Undiscovered Country Tellarites.

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were the TVH and TUC guys ever firmly established to be Tellarites? Because I certainly don't recall anybody looking unmistakably Tellaraitish.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

No, never. But it is very likely. Especially the TUC makeup is questionable, but this cap shows two distinctly Tellarite looking aliens on the far right.

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, according to the Las Vegas Star Trek Experience, the "Tellarite" in TUC is the Daakin Ambassador.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The ones in TVH at least are most definitely Tellarites.

And for the record, IMHO Tellarites on ENT = cool.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Telerites: Trek fans don't know it's not bacon!"
"It's BACON!"

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps