Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » You knew it was coming... (!!!Endgame Spoilers!!!) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You knew it was coming... (!!!Endgame Spoilers!!!)
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so far from this episode we've got some funky stuff going on. First, Janeway has this shuttle we see in the trailer, and it IS of a different type. Her registry is SC-4. You guys figure that out.

This shuttle also happens to have "Armoring". Her entire hull can be covered by metallic looking armor that comes out of nowhere, and apparently can withstand the force of a Negh'Var's disruptor blast. If anyone saw the TV Show "Viper", and saw how the Dodge Viper transformed into the Defender, then this is exactly what the "Armor" on the SC-4 looked like.

Also, the Nova class ship is commanded by Harry Kim. It is the USS Rhode Island. Her registry was barely visible, but I couldn't see it.

More later...

------------------
"No, 3 & 6 are mandatory, so you only have to do them if you want"

Alex, fellow classmate, trying to explain an assignment (2/2/01)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... Do we get to see the Rhode Island's BRIDGE! Please, please, please!!! I've got a reputation to uphold..!

Mark

------------------
"Why build one, when you can have two at twice the price?"

- Carl Sagan, "Contact"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The fleet appears in the last 5 minutes. It has 2 Galaxies, a Miranda, a Prometheus, a Nebula, an Excelsior, and an Akira from what I saw. A registry that looked like NCC-71xxx was on one of the Nebulas in the last shot.

------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crappity Crap Crap Crap. where the hell are the ship names for the prometheus and defiant?

------------------
Signatures are for losers

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

1) There was no Defiant

2) The Prometheus only flew by the camera from the side, I doubt if anyone can get a name from it.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We didn't get to see the RI's bridge, but we saw a snippit of it from Kim's conversation with Janeway. Not much else...

------------------
"I got a personal grudge against that rabbit, Jim!"
- McCoy, "Shore Leave"

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was too a defiant

very last scene, with the ships with their backs to the camera, there's DEFINATELY a defiant there.
------------------
Signatures are for losers

[This message has been edited by USS Vanguard (edited May 23, 2001).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Correct...it's on the left side of the screen.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
Audience: *applauds*
John Linnell: "Thank you...you're much too kind. And we're going to prove it to you right now."

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kim's ship wasn't a nova
it was deffinately not----the suacer shape got altered---looks like an arrow head.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SC-4. Shuttle Craft 4?

As for the armor plating, I thought it was pretty cool. The hardware for it must be intergrated into the ship's hull. Perhaps at that shield emitter that Klingon was so interested in. As for Voyager, they had to build stuff onto the hull.

What I didn't like was the transphasic torpedoes ability to take out an entire cube. But I also relized the Borg didn't know about it, and couldn't adapt. I guess that's why they were able to destroy 39 ships at 359, because of Picard's knowledge. Needless to say though, one torpedo blowing a cube to bits?

Finally, Kim's ship the Rhode Island. I wish they could of given us a little more. Registry, class, whatever. It looks like a Nova, but the deflector dish and the one on the saucer is different.

------------------
Captain Archer: "Leap me out of here Al."
Transporter Chief: "Uh, captain, it's 'beam' not leap, and stop calling me Al."
This post sponsored by the Federation Starship Datalink.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoiler
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
I'm surprised that no one has yet mentioned that there were NO new ships in this episode, in contrast to Sternbach's interview which stated that there would be.

There were, of course, modified ships, such as Harry's Nova and Adm. Janeway's shuttle. There were also re-uses of several CGI ships such as Galaxies, Excelsiors, Defiants, Mirandas, and the Prometheus.

AND there were no Enterprise promos (at least not on the UPN station I was watching.

Oh, one last thing. I thought the episode sucked.

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw the promo but all i got from them were that the new series would be named enterprise
Soontir_Fel
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The promo I saw said something like:

Before Janeway,
Before Picard,
Before Spock,
Before Kirk,
Comes 'ENTERPRISE'
This Fall on UPN.

What about Sisko? Where's he and DS9 in all this?

------------------
"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Lord Darth Vader - (SW5: The Empire Strikes Back)

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I wish they could of given us a little more."

Okay, this bugs me, so I finally need to comment on it. The word is not "could of". It's "could've", as in "could have". "...could have given...". Basic English grammar.

------------------
"Even the colors are pompous!"
-a friend of mine, looking at a Lexus brochure

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Methinks B5's "Endgame" episode was better....and it wasn't even a series finale...not even a season finale...
Just a little partisan snipe

------------------
"The Guide says that there is an art to flying...or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Life, the Universe and Everything

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps