Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » You knew it was coming... (!!!Endgame Spoilers!!!) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: You knew it was coming... (!!!Endgame Spoilers!!!)
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We waited 7 years for that?

Anyways, is being able to call up 18 ships with 9 on the way a good number? They should have been more ships, like a couple hundred, even just for effect. For godsakes, it WAS the last episode.

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, this Shuttle you guys talk about. Could you guys care to describe a little bit more??

Is it a normal shuttle but when needed, armour "phased-out" like "Bio Armor Geyver"?

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

Zor Prime
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go back to the armour that was in the Batman movie (1989), In think that was the first time we see something like that.

IP: Logged
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, "SC-4" is "Starfleet Communications [shuttlecraft] 4".

--Jonah

------------------
"It's obvious I'm dealing with a moron..."

--Col. Edwards, ROBOTECH

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah.....got it.

Sort of like the helmet that "Joey" wore in Lost In Space the movie.

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this thread is dripping with whine

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX StudiosThe United Federation Uplink
------------------
I don't like Wesley Crusher.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some techish shots from Section31.com

Golden Gate 1
Look out for low-hanging UBC Volkswagons
Batmobile-cum-shuttlecraft
Batmobile-cum-Voyager
Borg gillnet
Unicomplex takes it up the node
Hexagons are fun
Fed fleet and sphere
Fed fleet onscreen
Penultimate-ness
Ultimate-ness

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, uhm, that pesky little Intrepid class shippy took out the entire Unamatrix One? Sure..
Oh, BTW, that armour looks ridiculous on the Voyager.

Is that armour SF tech, BTW?

------------------
"You know, putting up a tent is like making love to a beautiful woman. You undo the zip, pop in your pole and slip into the old bag."
- Swiss Toni, The Fast Show (British comedy show)
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SC-4
I think this ship had a name. Or so it seemed. There was writing under the starboard window. Maybe. Before going into space, she is housed at the Oakland Ship Yards. She sports the latest in SF armament-F-117 technology (if you know the F-117, you know what I am referring to), the "cool-ass" hull shielding, and the new torpodoes-transphasic. I don't know what this. I do know that a Borg ship can be killed with these mother frellers. Now, that I think about. The F-117 effect-is that a cloaking device?

USS Rhode Island
Named after a battleship, or two battleships. I know there was a USS Rhode Island in WW II. Her registry is NCC-72xxx. Her class appears to be Nova Class.

Starfleet fleet
For a fleet defending Earth and ordered to open fire with 'extreme prejudice', they seemed to be floating in space waiting to be picked off by the Borg sphere. Only one registry-the Nebula-can be barely seen.

------------------

takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we don't know if the tech would do as well against the borg in the same future timeline

we know the borg still exists and from what is said the specific tech was designed to fight them---but how useful is it against future borg--probably not as powerful as one torp per cube.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were TWO Defiants, in this one: http://www.section31.com/images/stv-finale-30.jpg

And I believe the Rhode Island would qualify as a Nova Class, in the same way that the Enterprise-A was considered a Constitution Class ship.

Re: the shuttlecraft-- maybe SC-4 stands for "Starfleet Command." (Janeway, as an Admiral, was part of 'Command.')

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's start something else...let's compare the Nova Class that Captain Kim commands to the Nova Class that Captain Ransom blew up.

And the shuttle Janeway had came from Starfleet Communications. But why the hell is she and Barcley teaching a class about the Borg there?

------------------
"When I said to get involved in the gay community, I didn't mean to sleep with everyone in it."
Michael_T

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Let's start something else...let's compare the Nova Class that Captain Kim commands to the Nova Class that Captain Ransom blew up.

AFAIK, the only two differences were that Harry's ship had a dome for a bridge while Ransom's had a sunken-in bridge a la the Defiant. Also, the bow of the Rhode Island was curved all the way around, unlike the Equinox which was angled inwards in the front where the secondary deflector was located.

If Targetemployee is correct about the registry (72XXX), then the Rhode Island was probably built in the 24th century at the same time the Equinox was, and is just a variant, not an upgrade.

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And on that topic, which ship classes have variants? The ones I could come up with are:

Constitution
Miranda
Excelsior
Ambassador
Galaxy
Nebula
Nova
Intrepid (maybe, if the "Yeager" class is unofficial)

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Yeager class is official. It was seen several times in DS9.

------------------
"I don't poke my head into business world too much. All I care about is making the show. And naked stuff."

- Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps