Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Museum Ship (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Museum Ship
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they did say in "The Drumhead" that 39 ships were destroyed at Wolf 359. This could be taken to mean that there were only 39 ships in the battle and all were destroyed, or that there WERE 40 ships like Hanson said, and one escaped. One could reasonably assume that if this were the case, this lone surviving ship rescued the escape pods from other ships, then hightailed it out of there before the Enterprise arrived.

The only candidates for this mystery ship so far are the Endeavour & Excalibur (both from spoken dialogue in reference to an engagement with the Borg) or the Ahwahnee (from a display, albeit w/ a different registry #). The Tombaugh was assimilated years before Wolf 359. But as far as we know, it might have been a different ship entirely. Hell, it could have been the Bellerophon or the Yamaguchi. We didn't actually see them get destroyed, only entering the battle...

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: Dukhat ]

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I found the episodes. Excalibur was mentioned in Voyager's "Survival Instinct" and the Tombaugh was mentioned in Voyager's "Infinate Regress". She was commanded by Captain Blackwell.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I checked the transcript from "Survival Instinct" for references to the Excalibur (from Jim Wright's review), and there wasn't much, aside from that the the Bajoran woman was an engineer.

However, we do know that this almost certainly has to be the same Excalibur we saw in "Redemption, Part II." Eight years before 2376 is 2368. So the little incident took place after Wolf 359.

Consider on top of that that the Excalibur was undergoing a major refit/repair at the Starbase, a repair so major that the entire crew had been reassigned.

It's a leap of logic, I admit, but I believe that Excalibur was one of the ships at Wolf 359, and was recovered after the battle like the Ahwahnee.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers, I of course knew of the reference in 'The Best of Both Worlds' I just couldn't remember if it was in relation to 39 ships being destroyed, or 40 ships having taken part in the battle.

I just couldn't remember off the top of my head whether '40 ships' was an actual line, an obscure reference in another episode or simply hearsay. Thanks for clearing it up.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, Red Admiral.

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
that the entire crew had been reassigned.

Granted, I'm not 100% up on the dialogue, but wasn't it that most of the crew -- including the senior staff -- had been reassigned ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps