Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » *drrrooool* (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: *drrrooool*
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/230402_01.shtml

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, another book to tear apart.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we'll finally find out for sure that Qo'noS is only 1.2 light-years away from Earth, and that the Enterprise can make it 100 light-years away in only six months!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Whips out his seldom-used twin portable chroniton torpedo launchers*

Bring it on. [Wink]

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im thinking I'm avoiding this one like the plague

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, might I ask?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See Minutiae Man's post.. there's no way this could ever make sense.. its just going to be a rather prodigious misuse of glossy paper

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Well, of course it won't make sense. But neither do starship registries, and we dry-hump them all the same.

Besides, since when has a Trek reference book had to be utterly free from any inherent errors in the Trek universe in order to be good? Yes, it'll never be a rock-solid map of the galaxy that the writers will religiously adhere-to, and most likely it'll never explain away all the inconsistencies Trek's accrued in its geography over 35 years. So fucking what. That's certainly not the author's fault and shouldn't be a slight against the book. I'm expecting a very pretty-looking, very interesting little read, that as much as any map ever could gain semicanon status, will. And if anyone's qualified to write this thing, it's Mandel.

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the_Tom. It'll be a good read. Give us something else to argue about at the very least [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Dan Stack
Member # 516

- posted      Profile for Dan Stack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that Mandel, having authored the original Star Trek Maps, is definitely a good person to author this one. He came up with chi factors back around 1980, perhaps he'll write an explanation for the quick trip to the Klingons... [Big Grin]
Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the fuck is this? The charts in october, Unseen Frontier in November and Nemesis in December? What the hell am I supposed to do this summer? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masturbate?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang it Snayer, that was the ecact thought to tell him when I read the post......

or you could visit the 'real world' V2.0.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snayer:
Masturbate?

Kill all the deers you want, but leave the kittens alone.

I'm strangely drawn to the book, even though I know that it'll be fighting a losing battle against the Trek Inconsistency Demon.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snayer:
Masturbate?

All the summer?

quote:
Originally posted by YrdMehc:
or you could visit the 'real world' V2.0.....

Tried it. Don't like it. Think I go masturbate then...

[Razz]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps