Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Kegels Exercises no more (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Kegels Exercises no more
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to an early review of the TNG s4 DVD set from the UK, there is confirmation that in the 13 minute featurette entitled "New Life and New Civilizations" there is a considerable bit of attention lavished on the making of the Wolf 359 graveyard scene.

Grabs. Here. Soon. Please.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can only scarcely imagine the image you sought to create here, Tom, and it frightens me almost as much as the prospect here presented does the opposite. Like, gladmaking, or something.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ew.

Yay.

In that order.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, you know you wanted the opportunity to type out the name of the muscle again, Tim.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Pubococcygeal"?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Day of Reckoning has arrived! We are the Chosen Ones!
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A picture of the Firebrand. That's all I ask.

BTW, when is S4 supposed to be coming out?

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next week, I believe. September 3rd.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Because further clarification is always a good thing:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91859

quote:
Next we visit a post production facility
where all the visual and sonic information is put
together for each episode. We see some nice stills
of the many models that were built (and later blown
up). It's interesting to learn about the devastated
ships that were seen in Best of Both Worlds Part
II as most of them were recycled models pulled
from past TV shows and features. This featurette
ends with a really cool, in-depth look at how the
Borg ship was built and ultimately exploded.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Pictures!

You know, I never gave much thought to the fact that the cube was blown up at the end. I figured, you know, fancy technical wizardry and all that.

So how many Borg cubes were constructed? There was the one built for "Q Who", with Real Battle DamageTM. I had assumed that this was the same one from "The Best of Both Worlds", but was it? And then the cube in "Emissary".

And, then, of course, the redesigned version in First Contact, but I'm just thinking of the one in the show(s).

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never noticed much difference between the Q Who and BOBW cubes. Of course, if the first was built with battle damamge, it would be pretty easy to hide it for BOBW by just, y'know, showing the other side of the cube.

The only real difference I noticed between the two ships is that the Q Who one travelled at warp with one side facing forwards, whereas the BOBW version travelled with an edge facing forwards. That is interesting.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do have to point out here that I am unaware of any "recycled models pulled from past TV shows and features." Besides the five Miarecki ships and two Jein ships, the only other models that we know of that might have been used were the two McQuarrie Enterprises and the three Bill George Excelsior study models. I'm guessing that the latter ships are what this quote is referring to, but none of them were ever actually used before until BoBW. If they mean that they got ahold of, say, one of the original starfighters from the old Buck Rogers series or something similar, that might be interesting.

Of course, they could just be referring to the blown-up STIII Enterprise too. If that's the only model they'll have pics of, I'll be mightily pissed.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always been under the impression that the cube in "Q Who", "BoBW", and "Emissary" was the one same model. My guess is that the one blown up in "BoBW" was a miniature of the miniature or something.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I remember of the explosion in BoBW, the Cube model looked to be made of some thinner, more felixible material. My guess is that it was a miniature. I also seem to recall seeing pictures of this model somewhere without the battle damage. It just doesn't seem reasonable that they would've blown up their only model of the Borg ship when they could be pretty sure that they were going to be using the Borg again.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"My guess is that it was a miniature."

As opposed to the life-size model kept in Soundstage 47, I suppose.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps