Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Kegels Exercises no more (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Kegels Exercises no more
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, sorry for the delay but I was kinda busy for a day. When I picked up my Season 4 copy, it came with an extra disk that shows Greg Jein and the models he helped build during that season... minus the Wolf 359 ships. A funny thing is that there is a miniature shuttlebay set right behind him as he shows off the cast of the Vorch'a Class. The regular disks did show the ships in the battle during construction. Take the Niagra Class... a new pic shows a guy with the ship sideways gluing something. Also, there is a pic of the upsidedown Firebrand next to the Niagra after the damage was applied and it clearly shows that the saucers from both due come from Galaxy Class parts. The interview of Mike Okuda from 1991 shows the New Orleans Class Kyushu hanging at the ceiling, the intact Nebula Class USS Melbourne from Future Imperfect next to Okuda, and that's about it. The audio said that the ships were either made from kitbash models, filming models from the movies hence the Enterprise from ST:3, and the Bill George study models. And Okuda says that Patrick did go to the post production area and asked what Mike was doing with a ship... hence the story about Patrick making Xerox copies during BoBW true. And the Borg ship that blew up was only 2 ft. squares made of guess what... a wooden box with the frames that the kit models came in. That's why it blew up so nicely...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would still like to see the pics...

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be happy with just a few descriptions.

The upside-down Firebrand should nicely expose her throat to us. How many window rows are there? The FF number & size of windows, suggesting a small, Saladin-like ship? Or some other number or size, better matching the FF saucer depiction?

Do we see the doohickey at the bottom of the nacelle? What is it?

Any windows on the saucer underside for determining the scale?

Is the FF phaser placement correct?

Timo Saloniemi

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The regular disks did show the ships in the battle during construction.
I take it you mean only the Jein models, not the Miarecki models.

quote:
Also, there is a pic of the upsidedown Firebrand next to the Niagra after the damage was applied and it clearly shows that the saucers from both due come from Galaxy Class parts.
Are you sure it's upside down, because maybe that's the way it was supposed to be...Was the Princeton upside down as well? Could you see a bridge or registry?

quote:
The audio said that the ships were either made from kitbash models, filming models from the movies hence the Enterprise from ST:3, and the Bill George study models.
Yes, I figured that that's what they meant by the "recycled from old TV shows & features" line. Too bad; I was looking forward to a pic of yet another Excelsior study model. Oh well, at least I got my wish with a pic of the Firebrand. So we now have photos of all the Wolf 359 kitbashes!

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Akira
Member # 850

- posted      Profile for Akira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope we are still missing Rigel Apollo classes

--------------------
Christopher
[email protected]
SR20Egg

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was never any model built for the Rigel class, at least for BoBW. The erroneous former fan description of the Rigel was actually of the Niagara. The name "Tolstoy" was just a post-production name change for the Chekov, so no quick Tolstoy model would have been built either, as photography had already wrapped.

However, Robert Legato MIGHT have either built a Tolstoy model, or written the name on a piece of wreckage, as he also might have built an Apollo class Gage model, as he hints at in the DS9 Companion, for "Emissary". Unfortunately, all of my efforts to contact either him or the people that might have worked with him (i.e. Gary Hutzel)have been in vain. The only two people who ever answered me about this was Rick Sternbach & Michael Okuda. RS basically had nothing to tell me, and all Okuda said was that he never labeled a model with the name "Gage." Of course, Legato might have been working independently of Okuda (like Jein did for BoBW), so it's still a possibility. However, until we hear it from the horse's mouth, we don't even know if those ships even existed in model form.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, no model exists for the Rigel class. And if one existed for the Apollo class, it would be from the originally planned, but later scrapped Wolf 359 sequence "Emissary" (DS9)

Damn, beaten by Dukhat!

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

quote:
Responding to my own post:Are you sure it's upside down, because maybe that's the way it was supposed to be.
Wait, scratch that. The screencap clearly shows that the bridge & shuttlebay are on top of the saucer, while the nacelle is below. My bad.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
Unfortunately, all of my efforts to contact either him or the people that might have worked with him (i.e. Gary Hutzel)have been in vain. The only two people who ever answered me about this was Rick Sternbach & Michael Okuda.

Our fellow poster Cpt. Kyle Amasov has been in communication with Hutzel, if I'm not mistaken. That was how he found out that the mystery galaxy from the Ds9 Calender was the U.S.S. Ronald D. Moore.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Starship Millennium
Member # 822

- posted      Profile for Starship Millennium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... looks like they may have reused the Niagara image from the S3 set. I'm guessing the "extra disk" is the one that was supposed to come with the Best Buy and Suncoast(?) editions, right?

Now I really want to see these. Those DVDs better come in by tomorrow...

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, I bought Season 3 and 4 at Suncoast for $103 with tax. I do say, it is interesting to notice that Shelby refers to Barcley in BoBW and then see the Kyushu twirling around up the post production celing during Mike Okuda's interview back in 1991.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh?
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

quote:
Our fellow poster Cpt. Kyle Amasov has been in communication with Hutzel, if I'm not mistaken. That was how he found out that the mystery galaxy from the Ds9 Calender was the U.S.S. Ronald D. Moore.
Actually, it was Kyle who gave me Hutzel's email address not too long ago. Either way, I sent him basically the same email I sent Legato, with exactly the same reply, i.e. nothing. It's a shame too, because if he would have replied, I wanted to then ask him about the Olympia wreckage, since DD told me that he was responsible for that.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps