Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Nemesis Concept Art (minor spoilers) (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Nemesis Concept Art (minor spoilers)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As regards Deck 29, I just saw the film again and I looked out for any door numbers. I saw one - "0940" but the problem is it could easily have been 2940. It sure looked like a '0' though. . .

Also, the MSD is different from the one I have on my HD (I'm not gonna post it now as it's about 750kb in size). The one thing I did notice is that on the new MDS (oops, that was a typo, I wasn't at Berkeley in the 1960's!) there are about 6 or 7 decks below the lowest horizontal turbolift shaft in the secondary hull, whereas on my MSD there look to be about 3 or 4. . .

Edit: This MSD, thanks to Bernd.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
G2K, allow me to reiterate:
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
depends on which way he ship shakes.

i hardly see turbulence as something regular we can quantify.. and why bother.. it looked realistic enough to begin with, except of course when it didn't.

oh, and it was just a tv show, too. hm.

i still say that turbulence, caused by maneuvering and weapons fire, is too random and chaotic a thing to try and analyze like that..

besides maybe they get thrown a specific direction because that is where the inertial dampeners reset to when the artificial gravity is reset. we don't (and shouldn't and can't) know the precise science of it.. not that you are one who is prone to overanalysis [Roll Eyes]

Vogon: dont the deck signs still go by the XX-XXXX scheme? that is, if it was deck 29 it would say 29-0940 ?

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Scorpion Concept ALOT better than the final model. The concept has sharper lines. It looks a little more sinister. And it looks more like an actual scoprion than the final model. Mostly the gun mount and the nose section of the craft make it seem so. In my opinion, they should have used the concept, it just looks better.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Also, the MSD is different from the one I have on my HD (I'm not gonna post it now as it's about 750kb in size). The one thing I did notice is that on the new MDS (oops, that was a typo, I wasn't at Berkeley in the 1960's!) there are about 6 or 7 decks below the lowest horizontal turbolift shaft in the secondary hull, whereas on my MSD there look to be about 3 or 4. . .

I emailed Doug Drexler asking whether the Nemesis MSD was different from the FC MSD and his response was "The Master Display has not been altered in any way." He also commented that a MSD change wasn't warranted because the ship shape change was only subtle. I tend to agree.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, then the actual MSD must be different from the one I posted the link to then, because the one I saw in the film sure was.

--------------------

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Well, then the actual MSD must be different from the one I posted the link to then, because the one I saw in the film sure was.

I'm pretty sure the MSD in your link is the same as the one used in FC and Insurrection. I can't further comment on this subject until I get the opportunity to see Nemesis for myself.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Lee
Member # 393

Fine.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps