Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 16)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if my DVD player wasn't being such a bitch I could cap the angle from "The Cloud", so I can't help you there.

As for scale on the Voyager Shazzam pic I posted...indicators are notta.

My best suggestion would be making the Conn chair the your reference for size and just map the rest out with a ruler. I can't imagine the chairs being any more than 18 inches wide, if to scale. That would make the bridge from ready room entrance to conference room entrance, roughly 35' across by 25' deep, viewscreen to aft station consols.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sci/Eng consoles are a sort of cheat for the set... They don't have an especially good view of the forward viewer, but are built to suggest that you can. Many is the time that you'll see a shot of Janeway or Paris on the bridge, and you'll see someone looking "at" the viewer when really they aren't able to see much. But people rarely notice this, and just assume tha the backrgound characters are "really" looking at the action on the viewer.

Orginally, the main "theme" of the bridge is that the viewer was more like a window than other bridges, and that everyone should be able to look at it. This is inasmuch as the E-E bridge had the CO chair at the highest floor point, and every other principal station configured such that everyone can press buttons while they talk to the Captain.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since the viewscreen is supposed to be 3D, maybe the people at the science and engineering stations are supposed to inform the captain of things going on off to the sides on the alien bridges they communicate with.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3D? Say what? [Confused]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's magic.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't you ever noticed that, when they show a shot of a viewscreen or computer monitor from off to the side, and there's someone on that screen, we see the side of their face?

[ July 20, 2004, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: TSN ]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back from my vacation, so I'll be ready to help with the XHTML side of things.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent. Still doing cleanup after my con, but I'll try to compile the definitive list of bridges we have tonight.

Mark

--------------------

Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want, I have a complete list of the Fact Files/Magazine bridges they did. Just for reference at least. I am sure by now most of the stuff has be capped and the overheads on the new bridges are beginning.

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Yeah, let's look more an overheads than FF-style views. New content! New content!

Here we go with that list of capped bridges:

TNG (Ship - Episode)

Tsiolkovsky - Naked Now
Stargazer - The Battle
Yamato - Contagion
Lantree - Unnatural Selection
Hathaway - Peak Performance
E-C - Yesterday's Enterprise
E-D - Yesterday's Enterprise
Hanson's Ship - BoBW II
E-D Battle Bridge II - BoBW II
Brattain - Night Terrors
Sutherland - Redemption II
Excalibur - Redemption II
Bozeman - Cause and Effect
Jenolan - Relics
E-Nil - Relics
Parallel Bridges I, II, III - Parallels
Pasteur - All Good Things
Dreadnaught E-D - All Good Things

DS9

Saratoga - Emissary
Runabout
Norkova - The Passenger
Prometheus - Second Sight
Odyssey - The Jem'Haddar
Defiant (initial config) - The Search
Defiant - The Adversary
Valiant - The Valiant
Lakota - Paradise Lost
Sau Paulo - The Dogs of War
Ross's Ship (Farragut?) - What You Leave Behind

VOY

Voyager - Caretaker
Chakotay's Ship - Caretaker

TOS - none

TAS - none

MOVIES

Reliant - WOK
Excelsior - TFS
Grissom - TFS
Saratoga - TVH
Yorktown - TVH
Shepard - TVH
E-A - TVH
Excelsior - TUC
E-A - TUC
E-B - GEN
E-D - GEN
E-E - Nemesis

Okay, so what are we missing. This list notes only what I have in my DIRECT possession. I have not downloaded others from other sources, such as Sean Robertson's repository for example. That said, we're missing stuff like the following (and correct me if I'm wrong):

Righteous - ST Borg game (Sean)
Xhosa - For the Cause
E-A - TFF
E-nil - TMP (saw composite - did I recieve the raws?)

Time to clean up, get what's missing and see how competant I've been in collecting these things from you guys. [Smile] I *thought* I was sent a bunch of Runabout pics, no? I may have misplaced some.

Lesee here...

Mark

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you still need E-E caps from Nemesis apart from the deleted-scene ones? Because if so this weekend will be the only time I have to get them. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure why you haven't downloaded my stuff, but I've got TONS of shtos of the TFF bridge:

http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/enterprise_st5_bridge/

I also have scans of official blueprints:

http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/blueprints/
http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/constitution_refit/
http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/nx01_interiors/
http://www.webolutionary.com/startrek/enterprise_st8_bridge/

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
-- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he wants clearer and smaller caps.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

seanr
Member # 277

- posted      Profile for seanr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smaller sux. [Wink] Clearer would be awesome, but good luck getting them. [Wink]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

"The ulimate measure of a man is not where he stands in times of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."

seanr
Member # 277

If you really want them smaller though, just resize them in Photoshop to 50% - they'll get clearer when you do so. [Wink] I'm just trying to save you guys a ton of work. I went through an awful lot of trouble to get ahold of those in the first place so now that they're avilable, no one else should have to. [Wink]

--------------------
Sean Robertson
[email protected]
WEBolutionary
Speaking Freely

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps