Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 3)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a game, so I'd be more inclined to put it in the Misc. section even though it's live-action video. That is, if I can ever find the damn pictures again. I saw 'em once online somewhere, but never again since... Anyone have the game and is willing to make a cap somehow? Is it more difficult than capping DVD?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have ST:Borg too, but my XP has a hard time digesting it so its not as clear as a DVD. I also think I have the Shepard from ST4 saved in my flare folder from days of yore....

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/968/Trillya1.jpg

as well as some of Captain Randolph and the Yorktown....

http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/968/Randolph1.jpg
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/968/Randolph2.jpg

If they're not big enough I can super-size 'em.

Somewhere I even made some competent caps from the USS Odyssey's bridge...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You made me do this:

-

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I smell a hot lawsuit.

I got the Tsiokovsky. I'm not sure why it is included, its just a hole in the wall. Where shall I deposit the caps?

By the way, they are at 720x480...if I try to upsize it to the 800x600 they actually come closer to 800x533.

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine are 720*576. I'll lat you handle the resizing, Mark [Razz]

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

That works too.

Just got the Stargazer capped up.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[stares at logo for a long, long time]

Lee, I think we should go with tabasco.phasers.net... Harry's image is just too cool. [Razz]

The image sizes are okay at 720 tall - I'll see about re-sizing them properly. Please send them to mark daht nguyen aht shaw daht ca (take THAT, logical filters!).

Thanks, guys!

Mark

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isn't DVD resolution 720*480?
Captain Serek
Member # 1038

- posted      Profile for Captain Serek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am probably getting ahead of myself and you guys but I have some more questions regarding this wonderful site. Are you going to include layouts of the bridges as well ala Gilso to see the arrangement or even go to a cutaway style ala Star Trek Fact Files/Magazine. If this is a future consideration, it would be cool since neither publication has not done anything new since the Scimitar bridge for the Japanese edition. [Cool]

--------------------
I've come a long way for the power of Genesis, and what do I find? A Square Pegs reject, another actress playing Saavik, and Leonard Nimoy's stand-in.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's actually a good idea, but I'd refrain from having anyone creating those from scratch if it was never done by the magazines.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I was thinking that each entry would feature links to sites that host such pictures elsewhere, such as Bernd's site, so we can share the love. A link offsite to a good place with pictures of the actual ship would be worthwhile too.

But as an extension of that, I was considering including a quick & dirty overhead sketch of each set (where a complete set can be pieced together) where such pictures are available (or I'll whip something up myself). Lots of the bridges, especially the TNG ones are partial sets that have little more than a wall or two.

Besides that, I'm going to put the quick facts of each bridge for each entry, consisting of ship name, NCC, episode, in-context year, and a quick description of the set's origin and use. Here's a couple samples...

USS Lantree NCC-1837
Miranda class
c. 2365

The Lantree was a "class six supply ship" whose crew was killed by an genetically engineered virus. The bridge was a partial set whose rear wall is actually the forward viewer from the Enterprise battle bridge set, with displays inserted.

Episode: TNG "Unnatural Selection"
Set Group: A
Captain's Chair: B

USS Enterprise NCC-1701-C
Ambassador Class
c. 2344

The fourth Federation starship named Enterprise was destroyed by the Romulans at Narendra III. The bridge was a spartan set with mostly movie-era displays, and featured an unusual free-standing console in front of the viewer.

Epsiode: TNG "Yesterday's Enterprise"
Set Group: B
Captain's Chair: D

Regarding the last two lines, I was thinking of adding some analysis by by cross-referencing where else the set that made the bridge has been seen as a bridge, and where the captain's chair has also been seen. The letters are arbitrary at this point, but for example Set Group A would also include the Stargazer and the original battle bridge, and Captain's Chair B would include whatever other bridges the chair has been used on.

Mark

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

If we're going with Tabasco (which is a cool name, IMHO), here's a proper site logo that does not so blatantly copy Tabasco's logo. Although in all fairness, it still does resemble their site's style. But we're quite obviously not dealing in pepper condiments, and it's perfectly legal to use the name of a Mexican state.

-

Bigger

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Awesome. But I still prefer the... "Homage"... Logo, as it's relatively identifyable. Is Tabasco known for going after people who make parodies of their logo for base amusement? It's not like this site will SELL anything...

The Green logo would do well as a link banner, though!

Mark

PS - It's "authoritative". Mind you, I didn't catch it the first time around. [Wink]

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tabasco it is! 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

Do you guys mind if I play around with some HTML?

--------------------

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps