Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 5)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The Yamato has a black console looking thinh directly behind the captain's chair (as the center post on the tactical rail).

Actually, I think what you saw was a flap of the LCARS panelling from the tactical display hanging down behind the captain. Cause their ship was all broke-ass and stuff. So they were ripping it apart to try and find the problem.
I think you are right. YOu can also see them move a panel to the side below the console (above Varleys right shoulder) in the background behind him as he is chatting with Picard.

On that note...I capped the Lantree and the Yamato, leaving the Hathaway for season 2.

I also noticed in "Natural Selection" Picard talking with Capt Taggert on screen, but I suspect that that is Taggerts ready room so I obviously didnt cap that, but I had to check anyway.

Also, in "Tin Man", was Captain DeSoto on the bridge of the Hood or was he calling from the Ready Room? I would suspect that was the Ready Room too, but I thought I would bring it up.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.harryd.net/tabasco/

Here's what I came up with after a bunch of failed designs. It's a pretty basic page, which makes editing easier.

I've been working on this a bit too long to have an objective opinion. What do you think?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I could also provide screenshots. Just tell me what you want.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got the Hathaway.

Also snipped together a panoramic picture of the Stargazers bridge. See it Here .

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Deuce Vigos! [Wink] I was hoping we could do similar stitching with other bridges once the raws start coming in.

Harry, you're certainly in the right direction with this design. However, I think it's a little over-complicated - the tables for the screenshots, for example, won't ALL need the episode and date information as almost all bridges will be from a single episode. However, I do like the idea of captioning at least some of the caps. Perhaps two sets of two columns, each set having a screencap thumbnail and space for a caption? We can include episode information in the caption space if necessary. What I'd like to do is keep the in-context information for each entry separate from the production or behind-the-scenes info.

As for the suggestions of a diagram or something, I think we could try. Going with Harry's idea of putting the critical information in a black space, how about this: let's get permission to use this picture from EAS (gif, ~200k), and pilfer the overhead views from it. We inverse the colours, and put it in the black bar to fill it out. I've whipped a sample up here. I'd prefer the first option rather than using the FF diagram, because it would be easier for us to make up the ones we don't have (Hathaway, Jenol!n, etc.). The FF one does look better, though... Thoughts?

And Spike, you're in. [Smile] If you've got the DS9 disks, how about starting with that?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
http://www.harryd.net/tabasco/

Here's what I came up with after a bunch of failed designs. It's a pretty basic page, which makes editing easier.

I've been working on this a bit too long to have an objective opinion. What do you think?

When the window width is below 1024 the logo overlaps the navigation
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Also, in "Tin Man", was Captain DeSoto on the bridge of the Hood or was he calling from the Ready Room? I would suspect that was the Ready Room too, but I thought I would bring it up.
According to the script, DeSoto is in his Ready Room.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:

And Spike, you're in. [Smile] If you've got the DS9 disks, how about starting with that?

Since I finished up seasons 1 and 2 of TNG and all I have in season 3 of TNG is the Enteprise-C, I've already gone ahead with season 1 - 3 of DS9, with the Prometheus, Odyssey, Defiant and Saratoga. (I can also get a Runabout...and even the Maqui ships if they are game too.)

I have season 1 and 2 of Voyager as well. So I can get Voyager and Chakotays ship and the Yellowstone (if necessary).

Perhaps a roster of what has been capped might help this along?

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, Harry, PM me your emails and I'll give you the ftp info. Then you can at least start uploading stuff now, although it might be best to wait until everything is ready before unveiling it, that way you get a greater impact. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah well, then I'll do the Norkova. And in the meantime you can assign me a new bridge.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spike, why don't you hit up the latter seasons of DS9 and/or Generations if you have the DVDs? There's the Sau Paulo, Ross's ship in the finale, and the Lakota. And if Harry's going to be gone for three weeks, maybe he can shunt over some of the latter TNG seasons at his discretion.

Runabout? I guess it qualifies as a starship...Maybe we should, since there are two major incarnations to think of (discounting for now the chair changes, of which there are several).

I've been looking over FG's first batch of pics, which are fantastic. I'm guessing a reasonable top file size is around ~50kb for screencaps? Most of these are ~40 or less. Look how pretty!

-

Mark

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark, what ship is thta? The Lantree?

Looks pretty cool.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

Ok, done (Norkova, Enterprise-B and D from Generations, Sao Paulo, Ross's ship, and Lakota.

What next? Maybe Excelsior and Enterprise-A from TUC and the Xhosa?

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

What about the Valiant, and the Enterprise (Trials and Tribble-ations)?

Was the Malinche bridge shown at any point or was it just with the holo-communicator ring?

If anyone else wants, the Enterprise-D they can run with that. I have all of the above I have mentioned, but Im having player/PowerDVD problems and can't get TNG season 1 disc 1 to work.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Crimony, this stuff is coming in fast. I thought I'd be in the minority in having today off, Canada Day and all. [Wink]

Xhosa is to TOS Starfleet as Norkova is to TNG Starfleet, so I guess it qualifies. Sure! Spike, might as well work through movies 4-6 then. I think Boh has 1-3 covered.

And Jason, that is the Lantree. Poor old guys. [Smile] The Malinche was never shown, but the Valiant is probably due a cursory cap or two - it's exactly the same as Defiant, except some parts are painted red. Sau Paulo is physically different and thus higher up.

Note to all that we're probably going to end up with 10-12 caps per ship, if the set is fully represented. viewscreen sets will probably be 4-6 caps, tops.

I'll make a post in a minute that'll sum up what we've got so far...

Mark

--------------------

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps