Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection (Page 4)

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  23  24  25   
Author Topic: REQUEST - The Definitive Starship Bridge Screencap Collection
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, by all means! You've got a good motif going here, so go ahead and run with it. [Smile] I've only been tinkering around with additional entry text during work breaks:

USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D (First Battle Bridge)
Galaxy Class
c. 2363-4

The battle bridge of a Galaxy-class starship was used principally to control the stardrive section while the saucer section was safe with the civilian population. The set was constructed principally from the original TOS movie set from 1979 in part to show how advanced the TNG era was in comparison.

Episode: TNG "Encounter at Farpoint" and TNG "Arsenal of Freedom"
Set Group: A
Captain's Chair: A

USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D (Second Battle Bridge)
Galaxy Class
c. 2366

By the time the Enterprise-D met the first Borg incursion, the battle bridge had been upgraded to this arrangement. Now incorporating the newer aft wall, this set also featured one fewer aft station than the previous incarnation, though the remaining two were more elaborate.

Episode: TNG "Best of Both Worlds, Part II"
Set Group: B
Captain's Chair: C

USS Tsiolkovsky NCC-53911
Oberth Class
c. 2364

The Tsiolkovsky was a science vessel whose crew was killed by a variant of the Psi 2000 virus. Only a glimpse of this bridge was seen, where it was determined to be a variant of the TOS movie set incorporating a large hatch that could be opened to space.

Episode: TNG "The Naked Now"
Captain's Chair: D

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, directory added. http://tabasco.phasers.net/ it is. Mark, I think I've got it set so you'll have FTP access to that subdomain's directory only, I'll check that (for my own peace of mind) and PM you the login later.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
The Tsiolkovsky was a science vessel whose crew was killed by a variant of the Psi 2000 virus. Only a glimpse of this bridge was seen, where it was determined to be a variant of the TOS movie set incorporating a large hatch that could be opened to space.
Mark

Whi in their right mind would've placed a hatch there is beyond comprehension.
It's not as if the Oberth can land or anything.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the TOS movie Enterprise had an airlock and docking port just OFF the bridge... It could follow that a smaller but similar bridge might want to have that, and have the room to do it.

I *think* the hatch was of the TOS movie docking collar variety (with the zigzag pattern). Perhaps someone thought it would be a great idea if the bridge had a docking port that opened directly onto the bridge.

But if we were to theorize a bit, it's not uncommon for Starfleet folks to perform experiments directly on their bridge instead of a lab. Lots of experiments could have to do with exposing samples to space...

Edit: I've found a screencap of the Tsiolkovsky's bridge from trekpulse.com. Aside from the TOS movie chairs and possibly some railings, the set is not a re-dress of anything - a generic wall with a hatch in it is all we see.

Mark

PS - Great stuff, Lee... I await the l/p info. I guess Harry may eventually require access himself, but that'll be for later on.

[ June 30, 2004, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, it'll just be one login, you can share it.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Can do. Three more!

USS Stargazer NCC-2893
Constellation Class
c. 2355

The Stargazer was principally a deep-space explorer, and was lost in an early encounter with the Ferengi. The set incorporated the TOS movie forward consoles and chairs to evoke the old era, despite having far fewer consoles overall.

Episode: TNG "The Battle"
Captain's Chair: D

USS Yamato NCC-71807
Galaxy Class
c. 2365

Directly preceeding the Enterprise-D out of the shipyards, the Yamato had an identical bridge layout. Only briefly seen, the Enterprise-D set was used with minor color variation and some additional greeblies.

Episode: TNG "Contagion"
Set Group: none
Captain's Chair: E

USS Hathaway NCC-2593
Constellation Class
c. 2365

This eighty year-old "star cruiser" was decommissioned and used in war games with the Enterprise-D. This bridge was one of the first uses of this "swing" set on TNG, and was one of the more asymmetrical arrangements seen in Star Trek.

Episode: TNG "Peak Performance"
Set Group: B
Captain's Chair: A

Mark

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

Here's a thought - how about maybe incorporating layout diagrams where we have them, like the various artists' impressions from the Magazine/Fact Files. . . even in a small version, say in the corner of the page?

*looks at ther ones on EAS*

Small is good. Otherwise my bandwidth'd go through the roof. . !

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does the fake Yamato in Where Silence Has Lease have the normal Enterprise-D bridge?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well, the TOS movie Enterprise had an airlock and docking port just OFF the bridge... It could follow that a smaller but similar bridge might want to have that, and have the room to do it.

It's not even an airlock! It's just a door!
Nothing like making your bridge into a big suicide booth. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
Does the fake Yamato in Where Silence Has Lease have the normal Enterprise-D bridge?

Yes- it was exactly the same as the "D" bridge.
It's probable that Worf and Riker had never seen the yamato before so missed the inaccuracies.
The Yamato has a black console looking thinh directly behind the captain's chair (as the center post on the tactical rail).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they were already rather confused by the location of the bridge to notice small details anyway [Wink]

Well, I just found out I also have Star Trek IV on DVD! I need to pay more attention I guess.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I never got a well defined answer where to send the caps I've gotten for TNG season 1 so far.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I never got a well defined answer where to send the caps I've gotten for TNG season 1 so far.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Please send them to mark daht nguyen aht shaw daht ca (take THAT, logical filters!)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
The Yamato has a black console looking thinh directly behind the captain's chair (as the center post on the tactical rail).

Actually, I think what you saw was a flap of the LCARS panelling from the tactical display hanging down behind the captain. Cause their ship was all broke-ass and stuff. So they were ripping it apart to try and find the problem.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

This topic comprises 25 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  23  24  25   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps