Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$)
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pics from the newly built Constitution Class USS Defiant from ENT's "In a Mirror, Darkly"...

Looks pretty damn good to me.

http://saveenterprise.com/USSdefiant_exclusive.htm

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, Starship Class has become Constitution Class, I see...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. So SF started putting the individual class name on the plaques sometime between when the Enterprise and Defiant were launched. Fits with the (somewhat speculative) notion that the Defiant was a late-build, but, unfortunately, not with the E-A's dedication plaque from STIV. Although it's really no big deal, as we never saw the latter (clearly) in the film.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bridge seems to be in the midst of a full lighting test... Looks pretty damned cool. I'm kinda surprised, following all the fuss the production gang were making about how much effort it took to put the Enterprise back together for "Tribble-ations", that they seem to be slapping a whole lot of set together almost withuot thinking. I'm guessing they're using the plans they had leftover from that episode and "Relics" to good use. Looks like they can't get away from the carpets, though. >.<;;;

Now, the fun part - will we see the Defiant populated with the corpses of its former crew?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I guess the ST IV plaque was later replaced, and this time it seems that Starfleet just threw their hands up in the air figuring what to call it. I can see the conversation now...

A: "Starship class, right?"
B: "What? Get with the program: Constitution, of course."
C: "Dude, you guys are both wrong: Enterprise class!"
D: "Shut up all of you! And just because you brought up Enterprise class, we're not going to put any class name on it. So there!"

Or something...

They did do a really nice job though with the sets, especially the bridge.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curiously, the most dated and least aesthetically pleasing things are the chairs.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The console's display screens are far worse.

It sould be amusing to see Enterprise's crew "Ohhh" and "Aaaaa" over this supposed higher level of technology.

Mabye the Defiant shifts back in time when it fades out at the end of The Tholian Web.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to add a very retarded and trivial note. In the original show, the signs for sickbay read as 'astroward'. This can be seen in the episode "The Changeling".

Another nitpick - the Defiant didn't have a dedication plate. She had a blank space.
[Big Grin]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well maybe it had dropped off the wall? [Big Grin]

I think they must have kept the sets from "Trials and Tribblations" in storage - which is a good thing. Just wished they kept OPS and the Promenade - only cause they are some of the Best Sets ever constructed for television!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where does that Jefferies Tube go? does it stop at the end or does it go further up at a steeper incline or do the tubes branch off to the left and right!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People have been trying to answer that question for FORTY YEARS. We just don't know, man.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so very cool
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy shit, that is an amazing rebuild...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Well maybe it had dropped off the wall? [Big Grin]

The Tholians ate it. "Beryllium is an important part of this balanced breakfast."

Nice work on the sets. It looks as if there are a couple places where the displays have been tweaked and made a little more plausible, without sacrificing the overall look.

Marian

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None of that really explains why its back on the wall here [Wink]
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps