Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having the Defiant show up is a little bit odd. Like, all spacewarps lead to the mirror universe now?

(In my head that was a clever mutation of the more famous cliche, though I suspect it is not, in fact, clever.)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So interspace not only moves ships around dimensions, but time as well...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the difference?
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the ISS Enterprise was clearly shown to be NCC-1701 in "Mirror, Mirror" i believe....

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it was. They just had reversed labels and stock footage. In fact, if i recall correctly, the model used was the version used for the pilot episode (ya know, the ship had spikes on the bussard collectors).

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, do we conceed the point to stock footage, or was the ISS Enterprise in pilot configuration? [Big Grin]
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like most of the males here would mind T'Pol sleeping with Hoshi...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, they actually changed the model they used in Mirror, Mirror - I thought they just flipped the direction of the film when they 'crossed over'.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually both. The stock footage was of the pilot version and it was flipped film. The footage was probably made for the pilot. I don't remember if such a shot did make it to the pilot though.

They had actually made two models. The 11-footer was used in both pilots and as the series-version of the ship. So it appeared as three design variations. The other was something like a 2-footer which only appeared as the series-version.

If the USS Defiant does end up being the ISS Enterprise, one could say that over the years, modifications had been made on it so that it coincidentally looks like the MK I or MK II Constitution design later. But it still wouldn't explain the NCC-1701 registry

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd say the Defiant gets destroyed but enough data was downloaded onboard Enterprise to create their own Constitution Classes.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Shouldn't that put Imperial ship designers one hundred years ahead of their mirror counterparts? (Not that this is a new problem in mirror universe metaphysics.)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall two shots of the ISS Enterprise. One was when they crossed over...there was a shot of the Enterprise travelling left to right across the screen that was mixed with one travelling in the opposite direction. Both shots were different from each other (and I recall the Enterprise looking very white and clean in one, as if they were using better than normal cameras).

For the rest of the show, they used the standard "Enterprise orbiting planet coming from the centre of the screen and leaving to the right" shot that was used all the time.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
I'd say the Defiant gets destroyed but enough data was downloaded onboard Enterprise to create their own Constitution Classes.

Interesting parallel. Mirror Archer and Co. steal/aquire the Defiant and then either use it as the Enterprise or copy the Connie and design their own.

100 years later the Mirror O'Brien steals the plans for the Defiant and build their own version.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For your pleasure: screen captures from TOS "Mirror Mirror"

http://www.trek5.com/caps/tos/39_MM/index.htm

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's nice to see that Kirk fought against the "mirror" nature of the mirror universe as soon as he got there, as his first order seems to have been to make the ship do a 180 degree spin.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps