Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$)
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not on flareupload, please.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're still on saveenterprise.com . . . just check the forum thread. [Big Grin]

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Father Robert Lyons, SST
Member # 1372

- posted      Profile for Father Robert Lyons, SST     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Well maybe it had dropped off the wall? [Big Grin]

I think they must have kept the sets from "Trials and Tribblations" in storage - which is a good thing. Just wished they kept OPS and the Promenade - only cause they are some of the Best Sets ever constructed for television!

The turbolift alcove's right side (facing the lift from the bridge) was never seen in 'The Tholian Web' (believe me, I checked!). Everything from the center of the turbolift door to the right around to the Viewscreen is totally open to redesign, which they obviously did. The hooded viewer seen in one of the pics is a station too far right to have been on the Enterprise (Scotty's Engineering station had a hooded viewer, and this one is one station too far right for that viewer). The padding on the burke chairs is too thick, and the bridge rail is rounded, not mitre cut.

That being said, I am most happy to overlook these errors and chalk it up to being a late build. Besides, I view most of Trek as Federation propaganda films anyway.

Rob+

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do rememebr that it's a different ship. Differences in minor details are to be expected. A different upgrade schedule, a different subcontractor for ship fittings...I would consider it an error if the bridge was a perfect match for the one on Enterprise.

Marian

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just look at the Ent-D vs Yamato.
Both Galaxy class ships from the same batch yet with slightly different bridges.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Father Robert Lyons, SST
Member # 1372

- posted      Profile for Father Robert Lyons, SST     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MarianLH:
Do rememebr that it's a different ship. Differences in minor details are to be expected. A different upgrade schedule, a different subcontractor for ship fittings...I would consider it an error if the bridge was a perfect match for the one on Enterprise.

Marian

Well, if one compares what has been rebuilt to what was seen on screen in Tholian Web, then there are going to be errors...

That being said, I don't really care. I'm glad we'll get to see a Connie on TV again (even if only for two weeks) and like you, I rationalize away the inconsistencies and errors in reconstruction.

What I do want to see, however, is a bunch of dead people laying around the ship.... in exactly the positions they were in the original episode [Wink] Heheh!

Rob+

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were dead people lying around on the ship?

*wanders of to watch the DVD again*

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, they'd all killed each other or went mad or something. McCoy puts his hand through a corpse at one point.

And they should have plenty of TOS costumes left over from the Tribble episode... New ship patches are pretty easy to work up, but it wouldn't surprise me too much if they simply kept the arrowhead and hope people don't notice. [Smile]

I'm still betting that the Defiant will be renamed ISS Enterprise by the end of the two-parter...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
Yeah, they'd all killed each other or went mad or something. McCoy puts his hand through a corpse at one point.

That was in Miri.

...oh wait...that's just what I wanted to happen in Miri. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, like, I hope that these "preliminary" exterior shots are in fact very preliminary, as they look rather shittish, being inaccurate to the TOS studio model and quite poorly-textured. (That's not even the right font! [Mad] )

Either that or it's a FAAAAAAAAAAKE.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those didn't last long.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't post this. My computer was hijacked by a little green space alien from the planet Marva.

http://saveenterprise.com/defiant/defiant_ext1.jpg
http://saveenterprise.com/defiant/defiant_ext2.jpg

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, OK, one wonders about these, because accuracy issues aside, they're nowhere near the, uh, level of detail of the computer models used on the show. Like, people at the boards of said site are concerned that these don't look so good, yet they're obviously not broadcast quality.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the uniform patches, a true canon freak would in fact INSIST that the Enterprise arrowhead be used. After all, if one looks closely enough, this is what we see in the original episode.

Sure, the director seemed to go to awful pains to hide the patches on virtually everybody, but he missed a spot... The arrowhead is visible on the redshirt draped over a table at the CMO's office. Of course, it's WAY too small to be properly discerned.

If we see the bodies duplicated (which I find very unlikely, since I'd assume we pick up the MU action long after the MU characters have appropriated the derelict), are we also going to see the surprising number of identical twins we witnessed aboard the ship in the original episode? [Smile]

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:

Either that or it's a FAAAAAAAAAAKE. [/QB]

LOL! That line/scene still gives me a chill down the spine. Was a great episode and a great scene!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps