Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Father Robert Lyons, SST:
What I do want to see, however, is a bunch of dead people laying around the ship.... in exactly the positions they were in the original episode [Wink] Heheh!

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/9438.html

Wish granted, apparantly.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, either the madness that affected everyone in this region of space (from TOS "Tholian Web") doesn't apply here; or the Mirror-Mirror crew are so nuts no one will notice...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm intruiged by the idea that there will be no cross-over with the real universe Enterprise-crew at all. And the redone title sequence idea, while no longer completely new, is always fun.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good that they're willing to do these outrageous things these days, it's a far cry from when they refused to consider doing "The Big Goodbye" Holodeck scenes in black & white.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The altered title sequence apparently intercuts scenes from "a certain movie". I'm guessing First Contact. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... I didn't like the premise because it establishes once and for all that the Mirror Universe is a temporal offshoot of our universe, a theory I've never gone for. But having read some of this, I think I can get on board with it.

The redone title sequence is a totally nice touch. Talk about going all out. I remember LA Law redoing their opening sequence once to go along with something that happened in the teaser scene and I thought it was great.

The the revised events from First Contact should be very cool. My guess is that right after the Ent. E crew beams up, some drunken hillbilly kills the Vulcans.

Ok... I'm looking forward to seing it.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing that the whole parallel universe is FUNADAMENTALLY evil - even the "resistance" people on DS9 were pretty nasty. So, I'd say that the ORIGINAL events of First Contact happened wihtout Borg interference: Cochrane makes his first warp flight, the T'Plana Hath lands, the Vulcan guy steps out, raises his hand in greeting... And is brutally gunned down by the evil people of Montana.

They then capture the ship, copy the warp drive technology, thank Cochrane for setting up his trap, build a fleet, and merrily head off to conquer Vulcan. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool idea in and of itself. I just dislike throwing the TOS Defiant into the mix. Seems unnecessary.

I'd love to see a TNG era episode deal with a TOS Connie. It'd even be cool to see either the NX-01 thrown forward in time to TOS era or a different TOS Connie pulled backward, but meshing these two ideas together seems a bit much.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Cochrane hits the jukebox and Linkin Park comes out instead of funky Rock and/or Roll. The Vulcans try to leave, but are blocked off by the approaching army of LiveJournal users who want to read the aliens some poetry about how they are unique and different and bi-polar.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like we'll be seeing a Tholian too!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And a CGI-one. I seriously wonder how they're going to pull that one off. No-one has EVER made a believable Tholian out of that thing we saw on TOS.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

But no one's ever tried, on the show anyway. What, fan-productions count? [Razz]

And I'm STILL betting that at the end of the two-parter, Archer's captured Defiant will be re-named Enterprise, rather than be the templte for a bunch of exact duplicates...

Mark

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My guess is you're right. His NX-01 will likely be destroyed, likely in some clash with Captain Forrest. Because he's all spiteful and stuff, he'll make his newly acquired Connie his very own Enterprise. Giving it a rego of 1701 wouldn't make much sense for him, though, given he would have no knowledge of that registry scheme. Did we ever see exteriors of the ISS Enterprise in Mirror, Mirror that showed the 1701 registry? Was it on the plaque?
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They never bothered with relabeling the model, except the apply reverse labels so they can flip the film around and supposedly show the port side of the ship.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, I just mean that, if we never see a registry on the ISS Enterprise in Mirror, Mirror, than for all we know, it could still say "Defiant", or Archer could have relabeled the Defiant "Enterprise" with no registry.

But then... even if the "real" Defiant ends up becoming the Mirror Enterprise, quite a bit of time will pass between archer getting his hands on it and the events from Mirror, Mirror. So even if we did see a label on the ship in Mirror, Mirror, it doesn't really rule anything out.

I just hope T'Pol doesn't have a beard. Though, if she follows standard Mirror Universe protocall, she will most certainly be a lesbian. And will probably share a psuedo sexual torture scene with Hoshi...

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps