Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$)
TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he wouldn't want to do it with his own starship.. but he has no qualms about braking somebody elses, in an alternate universe.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been trying to find images from "The Tholian Web" but it doesn't seem to be an ep that any of my usual sources have capped.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, it looks like Mirror, Mirror used footage of both the MK II and MK III variants.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly how many variants are there, based just on the filming miniatures?

Marian

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/7/1061.html#000000

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well borrowing from that other thread, I say:

MK I: "The Cage" version (the Franz Joseph version I chalk up to being an inaccurate representation of the MK III)
MK II: "Where No Man Has Gone Before" version
MK III: series production version (the Constellation is just this version ignoring any variation due the plastic model inaccuracies)
MK IV: movie version (I don't believe any of the Phase II and other pre-ST:TMP/post TOS versions exist as variants of the class, though they may exist as separate classes)

There may also be a version based off the movie version, but which has the nacelles rotated outward 90 degrees, but I say that is also a separate class. Recently there is evidence of another of this version, but which has the nacelles switched around so that the front end is facing rear and the rear end facing front - and I say this was just a kid who didn't know how to build a plastic model and this version does not exist as a real design commissioned by Starfleet.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey look what happened when i put two screencaps from "The Tholian Web" on top of each other in Photoshop

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Choking redshirt guy looks rather like the extra who gets chewed out by Kirk in "The Trouble with Tribbles," subsequently replaced by O'Brien in "Trials and Tribble-ations." I wonder if Colm Meaney is available. . ?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

Gold shirt guy looks like he might be the captain.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he is the captain and he is played by Paul Baxley, from Trouble with Tribbles. The SCE novel named him Captain Blair.

It takes a while for virtualdub to decompress my bootleg episode files for capping -- anyone have any other requests? I assume we're going to be taking a look at the turbolift alcove next, should these stone knives and bearskins i'm trying to use as a memory circuit hold out. Now I understand why it took Spock days to decompile his video in the tricorder before he could take newpaper article caps from the old movie pictures he fed in...

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the rest of the bridge crew? Is it just these two guys on the bridge, or are the others all crammed into the aft section?

I want bodies, dammit.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Oh, they actually changed the model they used in Mirror, Mirror - I thought they just flipped the direction of the film when they 'crossed over'.

The 11-foot Enterprise was not finished on the starbaord side, there was still unpainted wood visible and wires hanging out for the lighting. To do the reverse shot, they had to relabel the 'good' side with reverse-printed Starfleet markings, and film it normally, then reverse the film to make it appear like the starboard side of the ship.

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now where did you get that piece of info from?

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

There are pics floating around of the true starboard side of the model.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
third pic down
first pic

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps