Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$) (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: A Ghost from the Past (ENT $$$)
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's some pics of the uniforms and insignia of the Defiant, modeled quite beautifully by Jolene Blalock and others. In one of them, there's a representation of the ships's internal structure. Nifty.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:: sigh :: T'Pol should have always had long hair. Jolene Blalock looks much better with it than that short unisex bob she's worn the past four years.

In the background of the second picture, you can see an internal schematic of the Defiant on the large monitor behind the situation table. I hope we some nice close-ups on that; the diagram looks neat.

I guess the rumors about the stiffness of Phlox's uniform are true. The motion of his arms looks really restrained by the uniform in comparison to Ensign Redshirt's flailing.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Ensign Redshirt is actually Commander Tucker.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Here's some pics of the uniforms and insignia of the Defiant

[Eek!] That insignia is my website symbol!

http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWthisthing.html

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The bare midriff uniforms look ridiculous... The TOS ones, much better.

Though one has to wonder, why do Archer and the gang dress up TOS to begin with? Were the showers not working?

And I'm sure that's Jolene's real hair, dyed a more Vulcan colour. She's quite blonde when on Stargate.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's definately more blonde than that picture.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Here's some pics of the uniforms and insignia of the Defiant

I thought the SAME thing when I first saw it not five minutes ago G2K!

And Phlox looks to be wearing a uniform reminiscent of either Odo during the Occupation or Section 31! Or maybe made out of the same material as the Intendent's "second skin" is made out of! [Big Grin]

Oh NO! The EVA suits have the NX-01 patch still on them!!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Sue them. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually - it's hard to tell - it might be the mirror Enterprise symbol on the EVA suit. From a distance that new 'Enterprise' symbol looks like a skull and cross bones.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I recall hearing, they put on the defiant crew's unis because the only thing they have with them are the EVA undergarments.

I said it in the other thread... Blalock is fine.

I agree that the MU versions of the Ent uniforms look pretty stupid. They need to be a *little* more redesigned like the TOS MU unis were. Making it a tank top for the women would've helped.

Travis doesn't look very E-vil, either... no stubble or anything. I think a cool lip-drip and a shaved head would've done wonders.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone has said that symbol (and thus my site symbol) is the Franz Joseph version of the old TOS boomerang pennant thingy, but I don't have the Star Fleet Technical Manual and can't find anything online, so I can't confirm.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Travis looks a little... Jaffa-ish, well at least a little Teal'c-ish in that pic! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like the mirror NX-01 on the EVA suits to me. As for Travis... do you think mirror Travis will be invlolved with everything? [Big Grin]
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you think? This man's wearing a red shirt, for gods sake! [Big Grin]

But I kinda like his mirror look [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Someone has said that symbol (and thus my site symbol) is the Franz Joseph version of the old TOS boomerang pennant thingy, but I don't have the Star Fleet Technical Manual and can't find anything online, so I can't confirm.

I confirm. His pointed the other way, tough.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps