Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Image in the Sand" (DS9) Galaxy: CGI or Possible Trinculo? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: "Image in the Sand" (DS9) Galaxy: CGI or Possible Trinculo?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I do but one is a 17 year old sex addict and a 22 year old sex addict..."

The nymphomania gene jumped more than a few X-chromosomes in your family, didn't it?

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never quite been able to wrap my little brain around the concept of *too much* sex.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm . . . nymphos.

Oh, right, um, anyway:

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Like I said, it's the way the light plays across the panelling on the saucer underside that really suggests a physical model. CGI (especially during this time period) usually has a more smooth, shiny look to it.

I thought at first it might be CGI, since on the warp nacelle blue-glowy-bits there seemed to be a trace of the lighter-blue center glow as seen on the ToTP Galaxy CGI ships.

However, I then took your pic and brightened it while reducing the contrast. Upon doing so, it becomes clear that the vessel has a dark gray stripe around the deck(s) housing the forward torpedo launcher, and if you look closely there's also dark gray along the rim of the connecting dorsal's rear face . . . as if to imply that the rear face is also gray.

I believe this means that this is the "War Galaxy" or "Cobra Galaxy" model, as often seen in shots around Starbase 375.

The ventral saucer paneling also supports this conclusion.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I've never quite been able to wrap my little brain around the concept of *too much* sex.

That's only because you're not having it. I'm not saying it's not nice, but there are times when all you want is a nice cup of tea.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
Mmmm . . . nymphos.

Oh, right, um, anyway:

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Like I said, it's the way the light plays across the panelling on the saucer underside that really suggests a physical model. CGI (especially during this time period) usually has a more smooth, shiny look to it.

I thought at first it might be CGI, since on the warp nacelle blue-glowy-bits there seemed to be a trace of the lighter-blue center glow as seen on the ToTP Galaxy CGI ships.

However, I then took your pic and brightened it while reducing the contrast. Upon doing so, it becomes clear that the vessel has a dark gray stripe around the deck(s) housing the forward torpedo launcher, and if you look closely there's also dark gray along the rim of the connecting dorsal's rear face . . . as if to imply that the rear face is also gray.

I believe this means that this is the "War Galaxy" or "Cobra Galaxy" model, as often seen in shots around Starbase 375.

The ventral saucer paneling also supports this conclusion.

Wait...I thought the "War/Cobra Galaxys" *were* CGI. Wasn't the explanation for the dark neck that it was a CGI compositing error?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vice-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
I do but one is a 17 year old sex addict and a 22 year old sex addict that's worn out her boyfriend already.

Her boyfriend was a sissy.
If she wears me out (the 22 year old sister, mind you- no jailtime for me, thanks) I'll buy you a beer. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll drink tea when I'm old.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are old.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drink iced tea now...the only way concievable when the median tempature is 92 degrees (Fahrenheit, guys- it's not that hot over here.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You are old."

Yet still sexier than you will ever be.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Trying to live up to impossible standards is what keeps us going, so I shall continue to try (and fail) to be sexier than Aban.

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I drink iced tea now...the only way concievable when the median tempature is 92 degrees (Fahrenheit, guys- it's not that hot over here.

A hot cup of tea can actually be quite refreshing when the temperature is high outside. Scientific research done by Dr Super Dude has proven that it actually helps cool you down more than, say, Fanta with ice in it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

When it's in the mid-ninties, a hot cup of tea would probably seem room tempature or "slightly warm".
People sometimes get ill from drinking really cold stuff on a very hot day: an ex of mine threw up once from that when we were at an airshow.

Of course, it could have been that it was her fourth margharita, but I like my theory better.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, since this topic has now degenerated into something inane as is usual, is it thread-locking time?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Nonsense!
I have a question that will drag this here thread kicking and screaming back onto topic:

Where does this name "USS Trincolo" come from?
Is it something Okuda mentioned, a studio model pic or is it just fan speculation?

It's kinda odd that a minor character from The Tempest should warrant a Galaxy class starship name.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The U.S.S. Trinculo NCC-71867 was the last known labeling of the four-foot physical Galaxy model, seen at exhibitions featuring the model. For a long time it has been debated whether it ever appeared on screen or if it was simply labeled like that for the exhibitions. There is no conclusive evidence either way.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps