Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Image in the Sand" (DS9) Galaxy: CGI or Possible Trinculo? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: "Image in the Sand" (DS9) Galaxy: CGI or Possible Trinculo?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's silly to think they went to the trouble of re-labeling the ship just for a display- decaling (particularly on that scale) is a pain in the ass.

Got a pic of said ship...mabye on that there "website" I hear you have?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, apparently they did it for the Valkyrie, because the Constellation model never appeared after "Redemption II" (TNG), and it was still labeled as the Hathaway in that ep.

Oh, and I've been trying to find a picture of the Trinculo for more than three years...with no success. But I am assured by multiple individuals that they do exist.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that Elvis had a pic and that the model itself is being held at Groom Lake.....

As to the valkerie, they might have intended to use it for a DS9 shot (instead of some frankenbash) but did not shoot it for some reason..
Besides, we all know that "Valkerie" refers to tiny-tiny federation fighters that can take out a Romulan Warbird if you hit it enough times. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, we all know that "Valkerie" isn't a word.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Tell it to the choosers of the slain, pallie.
You gonna tell them how to spell their name?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It did... at least until the hard drive that it was stored in was destroyed in an earthquake here in Los Angeles a while ago.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

What exhibit was it from?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Heeeey!
I noticed something tonight whilst re-watching DS9:SOA....the grey necks on the Galaxys dont match the saucer's seperation lines- they arc up to the main shuttlebay.

I know (naturally) that no one else has ever noticed this and I'm a pioneer and all, but why do you guys think the CGI model was made this way?
It's an odd thing to intentionally add to the ship.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well the area between the separation line and the shuttlebay is where the main arboretum was (the big square arrays of windows). If the darker grey hull plating is meant to be armour...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

If it's armor, why does it stop midway towards the saucer's impulse engines (an obvious target) and no on th shuttlebay itself?

Mabye they needed to protect ther on-board stash from Dominion attack.
What with war being so stressful and all.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a picture. I've never noticed this darker hull plating of which you speak.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Trinculo was seen in a traveling exzibit that went around various Planet Hollywoods in the mid 1990's. The USS Venture model was seen in 1995 in a Planet Hollywood around the same time the USS Trinculo model made a tour. Few photos are around of the latter model... some of which was destroyed in a hard drive that was crushed during a minor earthquake in Los Angeles. I am the owner of that hard drive...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I need a picture. I've never noticed this darker hull plating of which you speak.

I checked Pedro's Shiporama to no avail...

The scene in question is of the fleet moving out from Starbase 375 (the super-sized Regula model) in SOA.

What we really need is agood screencapper to save us.
Help us Cartman- you're our only hope!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or Bernd for that matter.

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/schematics/galaxy-darkneck.jpg

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps