Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Photos from the Trek auction (Defiant, Reliant, etc)
Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, Jason, I think those are the starting bids.

Some of them are still totally over valued though. I mean, there are so many needlessly expensive lots and there can't really be that many fans who are wealthy enough to throw $500 at a Flotter doll. You'd think anyone with loads of money would spend it on something snazzy, like one of the Enterprises. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a bunch of crap left over at the end that wouldn't sell.

Er, the Borg Cube won't be one of those though. [Wink]

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Starship Freak:
No, I don�t think that�s a Galaxy, oddly enough, it looks like three constitutions and a miranda

Looking closely - look at the shadows on the building - the one on the extreme left doesn't look like a constitution - It's either a Galaxy or an Ambassador.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder which Borg Cube is it? The TV one?

--------------------

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On display in NY...

Destroyed E-Nil, E-B, and others

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MASSIVE Score! I've never seen the STIII wrecked Connie and the E-B / Lakota in such detail. Ditto with a lot of the props, including how wierd the NX-01's original command chair looks behind the E-E's consoles, and how the E-E's ancillary command consoles for Troi and Riker can also be used as a flotation device.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Oooh a biobed... would anyone here sleep on that?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

What is the V-shaped item to the left in this pic?

And what is the thing to the left behind the 'pool table'? Here?

What ever happened to the E-D pool table?

And 'who's' weapons are those on the top shelf of the pic? Here

Looks as if the light fitting in that cabinet is Romulan!

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny:
Uh, Jason, I think those are the starting bids.

Some of them are still totally over valued though. I mean, there are so many needlessly expensive lots and there can't really be that many fans who are wealthy enough to throw $500 at a Flotter doll. You'd think anyone with loads of money would spend it on something snazzy, like one of the Enterprises. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a bunch of crap left over at the end that wouldn't sell.

Er, the Borg Cube won't be one of those though. [Wink]

Yeah, I know but still...

Some of their value estimates are silly- that lame-ass plastic visor Data used when dealing cards for example- $500!?
I doubt it.

Vorlon- incredible pics! You sir, rock.
Those Lakota close-ups really illustrate just how much larger the Excelsior class was intended to be- check out it's "B" deck- at the "official" size, that's got to be semi-submerged in the saucer's hull to work- ,aking those portholes about head-level. No where is this worse than in the scene with Chekov and Scotty looking out the damaged secondary hull of Enterprise B.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool! Great to see more pics of the Ent-B/Lakota, the damaged Enterprise and the starfleet fighter. Are these all the items that were on display or were there any more?

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is this? pic What happened to the E's impulse engines? And what's that blue thing on her neck? I always assumed it was the rear torpedo launcher, but with that paintjob it looks like some sort of auxiliary impulse drive. (Makes sense since the main impulse drive is obviously missing. [Roll Eyes] )

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know there's a chance (very small one), that I might be going to the public viewing either today or tomorrow.
Johnny
Member # 878

Take some pics of the starfleet fighter if you bring a camera, I love that little ship. (pwease?)

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might be able to take pictures but there's some problems:

a. If I take pictures, it most likely be with a conventional camera not a digital one. If that's the case, I won't know how to get them on here.

b. I don't if they even allow cameras!

c. I might be able to take camera phone pics, but I'll have to find out how to transfer them to my computer. Also, they might be such high quality images.

Johnny
Member # 878

Damn. I wish I could send you my Nikon D50 [Big Grin]

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mirror-Amasov:
What happened to the E's impulse engines?

Probably fell off, or they didn't bother making the actual drivey bits because it wouldn't be seen. But more likely fell or melted off in the boom.

quote:
[QBAnd what's that blue thing on her neck? I always assumed it was the rear torpedo launcher, but with that paintjob it looks like some sort of auxiliary impulse drive.[/QB]
It is the photon exhaust port. The pressure gasses from the launch tubes (lame--it SHOULD be a railgun) are blown out there to vent them & to provide counterforce against a torp launch.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  28  29  30   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps