Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starship Construction Timeline (Page 7)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Starship Construction Timeline
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Oh come off it, that one didn't even touch the sides! [Razz] Besides it's an ancient one that's been sitting in flare upload since '03 at least.

The image is 1279 pixels wide. Add in Flare's formatting and you end up with a super-wide page when running at 1280*1024.

Show of hands for folks that are running =< 1280*1024?

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raises hand. I think. Back to the old laptop for the time being.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1440x900 here... yes, I am using a HI DEF TV/monitor! [Razz]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
=< != >= [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it makes Fabrux feel any worse, my secondary desktop display is a 26" Sony Bravia running as 1280x768.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, judging from the 'math' on Fabrux's post... I think he's trying to be all inclusive. [Smile]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

26" running ONLY 1280*768... wow, that's a really messed up ratio. I have a 19" conventional running 1280*1024... Although at this point I'm only limited by the monitor's physical limitations with my new machine. Waiting for the day when I can plonk down the dinero for a nice 22" display. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to bag on ship designs, go with Starfleet Battles.
Holy crap, they're awful.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Depends on which. I actually like the Kirov CB, but I'll easily agree that the huge swath of BBs and DNs are rediculous. The games are nothing BUT super-ships anymore.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fasa...battles...fanboy rpgs. All tends to blur together for me.

--------------------

Vanguard
Member # 1780

I don't think anyone here can get away with using the term 'Fanboy' derisively... [Razz]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Oh there's a distinction, believe me.

--------------------

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Sure, but it's mostly in how fanboys act rather that being a product of the RPGs, etc, in and of themselves. There's plenty reasonable in both FASA and SFB... and there's plenty that is not. [Smile]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not trying to let this thread get too far off topic, but again I will ask if there are any graphic artists here would would consider helping me design the conjectural classes from my timeline?

Rev: I'd like to use your Apollo once it's finalized, with your permission.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Well, you're free to use my toolkits as you want. I'm a little swamped just cleaning out stuff for Jaynz (and all of THAT will need to be updated as I graduate my drawing skills another level...)

You probably just want to start with rough sketches anyway, so us more artsy types will have an idea of how to get started. (Or, you may find, you're not nearly bad at this at all, and can do it yourself.)

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps