Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Eaglemoss thread (Page 9)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The Eaglemoss thread
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE PLOT THICKENS.

DeAgastini is the parent company of Fanhome.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.

I decided to get a Franklin because I quite like it. Could be one I end up selling eventually though, I think it’s a midsize and I’m just not mad on them.

Is it just me or does the XL Rocinante from The Expanse look just a bit too fat?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think it’s a midsize and I’m just not mad on them.
Yeah, it's the SE size.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So three weeks ago, on 9 August, I placed two orders as part of the day's flash drop. About 2 weeks ago, I received shipping notice for Tthe second, but nothing for the first. Yesterday, after 3 weeks, I received the second order, but still have gotten zero notification for the first. No shipping, no anything except the initial confirmation email.

I shot off an email last night, all "Where is my second order? Why have I gotten no information on it? What are you going to do to get it to me promptly rather than wait yet another 3-4 weeks?"

This morning I received the following:
quote:
Hello,

So sorry for the delay on your order.

It appears the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-B stock arrived damaged, so the team have been trying to source replacements. At this moment in time, I couldn't advise how long this would take I'm afraid.

Are you happy to wait for the team to get this sorted, or would you like a refund on the item?

Thanks,
Ozzy

What?? Does that not bear some kind of notice? I replied with:
quote:
How are we defining "damaged"? Dented boxes? Broken product? Water damage? Some things may be more acceptable than others.

I'm willing to wait within reason, but considering that it was supposed to be limited stock & that it's been three weeks without any sort of notification or explanation, I'm not exactly sanguine about this. Please keep me informed on updates on this issue. Thank you.

Anyway, I've noticed that MR has really dropped the ball on timely order fulfillment in the past 2½ months. And now this? Come on.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Did you have any of the QMX products in the delayed order?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not. It was 3 E-Bs (meant to get two, couldn't change it) & a Xindi-Aquatic cruiser.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That’s interesting about the B. My order was also late, and I queried, and was told

quote:
We are working through a backlog at the moment due to stock arriving later than expected.

Last week's drop was postponed to help us catch up - the team is getting there! We are making sure all stock is in the best condition before shipping out orders, but it shouldn’t be much longer until yours is on the way.

We haven’t forgotten about you, but at this moment in time, I couldn't advise a shipping date I'm afraid.

I received a shipping notification today, three weeks after I placed the order. Let’s see what arrives…

Meanwhile, the Ent-F sold out in less than a minute last night. Annoying.

--------------------

Shik
Member # 343

Yeah, that's happened to me a ton. Literally in my cart within 45 seconds & already sold out. How many did they have, two?!

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

My last order, including the QMX chair, still hasn't shipped. MR had published that that stock arrived much later than anticipated (the 20th), and it appears it didn't actually arrive until the 24th...they're promising fulfillment of my order within 14 days of the 24th, so, fingers crossed.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Not Eaglemoss, but I've been patronizing an amazing vintage toy store in northern Maryland for the last few months in Westminster. Their entire back wall is Star Trek and I've picked up the Art Asylum Klingon BOP (regular and cloaked); Playmates Klingon BOP; and today scored the Playmates USS Defiant -- all for cheaper than eBay, although certainly higher priced than when they were available at retail.

The Defiant ... what an amazingly detailed model for Playmates (especially compared to their BOP).

Really tempted by the Art Asylum Enterprise-A but they want $185 for it .... maybe my next trip ....

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Oh ... and Corgi has their TOS and TNG Enterprises listed for order on their websites. I'm assuming these are the same models they released about twenty years ago...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

Was that the one I went to with you?

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

No, this one is about an hour drive away from that one!

That one was dirty and disorganized.

This one is clean, well organized, and absolutely incredible.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

OK next time! That other place, it was a bit overwhelming…

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Next time for sure -- ! I won't turn down a trip, to be certain.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps